NGD! Kramer Imperial (Cheepie!) Content

StillRock

• Members

Here's the Kramer Imperial I wanted. Went to Sam Ash on Tuesday, and they sold the one they had in stock. They had one in Tampa that they transferred in 2 days as promised. It needs a setup, but just an adjustment to the action and intonation. I should be able to handle that (fingers crossed). Any words of wisdom? Not Even Slinky's go on soon.

DSC_0019-1.jpg

DSC_0021-1.jpg

Check out the Quad Rail pickups... seem to push pretty hard and work pretty noise free, with coil tap.

DSC_0023-1.jpg

Traditional Banana headstock

• Members

For the love of all that's holy, ditch those Quad Rails as soon as you can.

Yeah, the Quad Rail's are pretty muddy, but they're not all THAT bad...

I've got one floating around here that I've put in a few different guitars. It only really works well in the bridge position of a guitar that's SUPER bright acoustically, otherwise it's mud-city.

Nice score, StillRock. HNGD :thu:

As far as 'words of wisdom' regarding setup: head to your local Barnes & Noble and pick this book up:

14650999.JPG

• Members

Hey, I'm glad you followed up on this.

Looks very nice.

Enjoy!

Adjusting action and intonation is easy, particularly with that tune-o-matic bridge.

Play the guitar for a while before doing a pickup change.

http://www.theshredzone.com/content/article.asp?pageid=278

The Quad to Dual-Rail pickups growl so if your looking for pickups with total balls then these are the ones to go with. Being a guitarist who always swaps out the stock pickups, I was amazed at the sound that these magnets cranked out. When pushed to the overdrive limits, these bad boys just chug like no tomorrow. Being a power metal guitarist, I

• Members

Yeah, the Quad Rail's are pretty muddy, but they're not all THAT bad..

I have the striker same pu, yes they have some bass, so do many SD etc, it's just a different sound. Consider an on board mid boost circuit, and also adjust pickup height to suit taste.

• 8 years later...

Archived