NGD - CARVIN CT6... WOW!!!

jnapruitt

• Members

I traded for this 09' CT6 over the weekend and it arrived yesterday and all I can say is "WOW!!!" This guitar is stunning in every way. I have owned more LP's and PRSi than I can count over the years and I have to say my first impression of this guitar is "Where the heck have you been all my life?"

The pups are C22's and they sound amazing so far. I'm playing live tonight and that will give me a better impression of the pups at performance sound levels. I'm not a huge fan of Sperzels, but I'll keep them on for the time being but may switch them out for a different tuner to get a better ratio. I'm even digging the tweed case. Here are some pics... it's good to be back in the Carvin Family!

DSC05084.jpg

DSC05095.jpg

DSC05087.jpg

DSC05091.jpg

DSC05089.jpg

• Members

Wow!!! Beautiful........wish I had the guts to do a blind purchase on a Carvin but at the price I just can't justify taking a chance on a guitar I won't like.

I understand. I took a chance about 2 years ago on a C66 and that's when I knew I was a Carvin fan. Regretfully, I traded that guitar off, but have been wanting a CT ever since... I'm not disappointed. The build quality, playability and feel are off the chain.

• Members

I just don't understand why carvin just has never made it to the mainstream as large as gibson/fender/ibanez ect..ect . There guitars have always been beautiful. Whats the issue with them?

I'm not sure what my next guitar will be, but I am leaning towards Carvin over say a ibanez or Jackson type of strat.

• Members

I just don't understand why carvin just has never made it to the mainstream as large as gibson/fender/ibanez ect..ect . There guitars have always been beautiful. Whats the issue with them?

I'm not sure what my next guitar will be, but I am leaning towards Carvin over say a ibanez or Jackson type of strat.

I'm going to say price combined with a lack of retail outlets to try one out. I'f I could try one first I'd be more inclined to buy one. I'm willing to buy an Agile without trying one at the price point they sell for but I'm not willing to do so on a Carvin at their price point. $1000 (give or take on the model) is too much to spend without playing it first.

• Members

Gorgeous guitar - congrats. Love that wood.

Because you can't walk into a music shop and try one out. There are many advantages to them being "factory direct" but there are some disadvantages as well. Personally I'd have a really hard time buying a guitar without playing it - whether it's a Carvin, Fender, Gibby, Suhr, PRS...

Archived