Cool shredder for cheap?

chimi

• Members

I don't know why but lately i've been really gassing bad for a shredder guitar. I'm usually an LP kind of guy but for some reason i just REALLY want something with some kind of wacky paint job and some super hot pickups.

I'm not really well versed in these types of guitars. What can be had on the cheap that looks cool and plays well? I have no issues buying used at all.

Don't have any real preferrences although i feel like i would probably go for a maple fretboard over rosewood, but basically looking for some kind of super strat.

• Members

Check out LTD's lower end guitars. The paint jobs aren't crazy, but they are very solid shredders. I had a M-50 or 100 (can't remember the model number) that was pretty darn good. They have extra-jumbo frets and many have very decent Floyd II trems.

• Members

You know, I didn't used to be interested in Schecter until I tried a particular one and it seemed really good. I didn't think much about LTDs but same thing, I tries one that looked great and sounded great too unplugged. Those 2 guitars were about 700, but in short most of these popular brands, BC Rich, Ibanez, Jackson have good models when you get past the very low end. If you are truly looking for the cheapest that will work well, and new, guitarfetish (they have a rather new series of floyd equipped guitars), and rondo may still be the answer though.

• Members

Check out LTD's lower end guitars. The paint jobs aren't crazy, but they are very solid shredders. I had a M-50 or 100 (can't remember the model number) that was pretty darn good. They have extra-jumbo frets and many have very decent Floyd II trems.

I have a bolt-on LP LTD guitar with a super distortion in it. Great guitar.

Archived