Squire Esprit Red Wine

jtr654

• Members

I just bought a Esprit Red Wine. But it says Squire Showmaster on headstock? It Dosn't have a Ser.# or Tell where it was made? Anybody got any Ideas on this was it a 1st run or different from the Black or Sunburst Esprit other than the top is Basswood instead of Mahogany?

• Members

I have always dug those but I know there were some serious issues with intonation on some models as the bridges were place in the wrong spot. I don't recall exactly which model had it though. I was going to pick up one used at GC but it was un-intonatable. Not sure which model you have, but here are some random web pics of Esprits:

Squier+Esprit+%5BWine+Red.gif

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSWU1PL4IWpKeuk7vntru

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTj92xsuuhjixfLBbDSvtX

• Members

I helped a friend find a starter guitar a couple of years ago and I found a lightly used one of those Squier Esprit copies in a local shop for $220. It was a FINE little instrument, I would have bought it for myself if he decided he didn't want it.

D

• Members

^^^ I think it was the tele that had intonation issues. I have the one of those Squier Master Series, the M80. It intonates fine.

Yeah I think you are right. I would love to have that burst double cut. I think that is pretty hot looking. They usually get pretty decent money for them today I think.

Archived