Squier Classic Vibe Mustang

Doctor Morbius

• Members

Sorry if this has been posted before. Seems they are hitting Japan. Maybe they'll come to the States as well?

http://www.fender.jp/squier/hotgear/080fsr-factory-special-run/001019.php

SQ_FSR_Mustang1.jpg

SQ_FSR_Mustang2.jpg

SQ_FSR_Mustang3.jpg

Body: Basswood

Neck: Maple

Fingerboard: Rosewood

No of Frets: 22F, Medium Jumbo

Scale Length: 24"

Nut Width: 1.625"

Machine head: Vintage Style

Bridge: Dynamic Vibrato

Pickup: 2 Original MG Pickups

Control: Master Volume, Master Tone, 2 Pickup on off / phase Slide Switch

Hardware: Chrome

Color: Sonic Blue, Vintage White, Fiesta Red

Case: Softcase

• Members

I can see where those would sell like hot cakes. I have a MIJ RI which I really like. I was playing it again these last couple days and its really been one of my better purchases since it has such unique tones. The "out of phase" setting give it a hollow-ish tone to it that I don't have in any other guitar. But with an MAP of $940, that's a bit "off-putting" for a lot of folks.

The MIJ uses poplar but I'd bet the basswood in the Squiers comes pretty close.

• Members

Yeah I saw these the other day and really hope they come to America too. I did however notice that they are listed on Fender Japan's website as a FSR model. No idea how that affects future U.S. availability though...

Anyways think I'll have to pick up one of the blue ones as long as it doesn't sound too bad :p I hope a proper Squier Classic VIbe Jaguar shows up sometime soon as well.

• Members

Yeah, those look pretty nice. The two main reasons I never got a Classic Vibe Duo Sonic was #1 the color which I wasn't crazy about and #2 light weight.

If they come here and the Sonic Blue one isn't quite a light weight as the Duo Sonics I've played... yeah... I don't think could resist it.

Same thing with the J Mascis Jazzmaster. I don't know that I wouldn't NOT get one purely because of the color but if it was offered in Fiesta or Sonic, it would be a LOT harder to resist.

• Members

Yeah, those look pretty nice. The two main reasons I never got a Classic Vibe Duo Sonic was #1 the color which I wasn't crazy about and #2 light weight.

If they come here and the Sonic Blue one isn't quite a light weight as the Duo Sonics I've played... yeah... I don't think could resist it.

Same thing with the J Mascis Jazzmaster. I don't know that I wouldn't NOT get one purely because of the color but if it was offered in Fiesta or Sonic, it would be a LOT harder to resist.

My thoughts exactly.

• Members

On a related note, I could totally go for a CV version of the Jaguar or Jazzmaster. Would of an affordable version of either, that includes the switches and other stuff, and isn't as hideous as the J. Mascis Jazzmaster.

Pickguards aren't that hard to change. :confused:

• Members

Pickguards aren't that hard to change.
:confused:

Who said anything about pickguards? The actual finish of the J. Mascis is just disgusting, imo. The vintage modified jaguar/jazzmaster both have the wrong bridges and/or pickups, even discounting the electronics being absent, and I assume they're not routed for the traditional jag/jm wiring.

Archived