Soundclick Vs Soundcloud?

Spike Li

• Members

Hey, so Im getting into recording and whatnot and was trying to find a good place to upload demos. I was thinking of Soundcloud but I noticed that a lot of you here use Soundclick... is there any reason for that? I mean, is soundclick inherently better or are they pretty much the same thing??

• Members

Soundclick is useless with iPad. I even have their app. But I can't listen to anyone's soundclick clips because all links take me to a page that asks if I want their mobile site since the regular site is flash based. If I click mobile, it goes to the home page, disregarding all link info.

Soundcloud is great. The app isn't perfect but I can access across all platforms. Much more modern.

• Members

Soundclick is a graveyard. I'm surprised it's still even up. The only people who use it are Forumites (for sharing gear clips) and six billion "all-new hip hop stars". Meaning, no one uses it, in the grand scheme of things.

Soundcloud is cleaner and easier to use. It also has actual listeners, though it's not a huge listenership. So, if you wanna use it for simple demo uploads, it's great, and if you wanna upload your finished music and see if you can get some fans, that works, too.

• Members

soundcloud is cool. it works on most modern mobile devices as well. i know my buddy's psp vita can access it fine, as can my brother's samsung somethingorother phone. the only down side is you only get 2 hours worth of time per free account. you either pay up or make a new account if you need more space. i think i have three of em. i also have accounts at reverbnation, soundclick, myspace (LOL), and some other place i can't remember right now.. sound cloud is the easiest to use and has the best quality.

• Members

haha yeah i noticed that after i posted. i actually use soundclick for the finished stuff and soundcloud for my demos. i like soundclick's charts. you can get to the top 10 with only 15 plays. lol.

This is true. I noticed the very first time I threw a soundclick clip up I was number 2 for a day and within the top 10 for over a week. I had about ten seconds of feeling really awesome, then I saw the play count was something like 30 total over a two week period. And I'm sure some of those were repeats.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Members

Jessica - Your first post is a violation of the terms of use that you agreed to when you signed up.

You are allowed, however, to place info in your signature if you make meaningful posts that contribute to the benefit of other musicians.

Thanks

D Jarrett

Archived