Thoughts on Dimarzio Evolution pups

jds22

• Members

Great pickup for Metal. It brings out the character of the wood of the guitar into the pick up, it boomy and thick. But the Carvin M22SD has taken over as my favorite bridge pick up. The Evolution and M22SD sound similar in a lot of ways but the M22SD has better headroom and way better treble response like an 80's Bill Lawrence XL-500.

• Members

Thanks for all of the replies.

I tried to nudge him towards the Evo2 but it didn't work. He wants the Evo set. No biggie as they'll sound better than the stock Ibby pups.

What's kind of strange is that this is my guitar but over the last year or so as he's been playing more it slowly moved into his room and became his. Funny how kids do that.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jds22

View Post

Thanks for all of the replies.

I tried to nudge him towards the Evo2 but it didn't work. He wants the Evo set. No biggie as they'll sound better than the stock Ibby pups.

What's kind of strange is that this is my guitar but over the last year or so as he's been playing more it slowly moved into his room and became his. Funny how kids do that.

They're both great pickups and he'll have the benefit of not even knowing what he's missing. Which means he might do what so many of us fail to do because we spend so much time online talking about how to improve our tone: play

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Jeff

View Post

They're both great pickups and he'll have the benefit of not even knowing what he's missing. Which means he might do what so many of us fail to do because we spend so much time online talking about how to improve our tone: play

Good point.

Archived