Quirks about guitar brands

LynchProtoge

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by LynchProtoge View Post

Fender - also need more hardtails, could stand to join the 21 century and contour their heel joints
No,you buy a $1k Strat and block the kickstand.
They could also put the Volume control on a Strat in a better place.

I do love the Hell out of my Tele though.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
No,you buy a $1k Strat and block the kickstand.
They could also put the Volume control on a Strat in a better place.

I do love the Hell out of my Tele though.

I'm so done with blocking! Though they make a badass hardtail with the billy corgan model - I am NOT inclined to spend almost $1500 for it

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Brewski

View Post

PRS still doesnt sell a high end guitar with a floyd rose

Not their demographic. Considering that 90%+ of guitars sold with floyds today are plywood pointy instruments with pot metal hardware, that's not something Mr. Smith wants to be associated with.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Carbohydrates View Post
Gibson - uses the world's {censored}tiest nuts. Seriously, I love Les Pauls, but I don't love the mandatory setup work or nut replacement that comes after every new one.
Hell yeah. That's why I dumped all my recent-issue Gibsons. I got fed up with having to mod the damn thing right after I bought it. mad.gif

Also, I just can't get on with the necks on Gretsch guitars. It's a shame because I love the tone.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by frankthomson

View Post

what i dont understand how/why gibbo had to go to baked maple when EVERY asian $100 axe has a RW board?????

FWIW I actually (so far) prefer the roasted maple to rosewood (my MM SG has toasty maple) -- it's smoother, feels a lot like ebony and there are none of those little cracks that most RW boards have...

Archived