I play J-Rock on my old Hello Kitty Strat + new Vox Night Train.

honeyiscool

• Members

How stereotypically Asian of me!

Anyway, I learned this song today and it's been sort of a blast. My first attempt at a fast pentatonic solo, I rushed it frown.gif but I'll get better at it over time.

My new Vox Night Train is so much fun. Far from my usual thing, though, the amp has taken me in a completely different direction. That is, the distortion on it is so good that I'm just cranking the gain all day. Best $249 amp ever! I forgot how {censored}ing good that HK Strat (Duncan Custom) sounds for hard rock. And with that G12M Greenback, that little cab has some great depth and punch.

PLLEEEASSSSEEEE TRUST MEEEEE

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by honeyiscool

View Post

How stereotypically Asian of me!

Nice amp, tone and chops smile.gif

And what's wrong with being "stereotypically Asian"?...IMO the only decent guitar rock coming out these days comes from Asia or country music lol

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by soundcreation

View Post

As I said in that other thread you had, I think the night train is a fantastic little amp. The distortion is smooth and round.

So how do you think your old AC15's distortion compared to it, now that you've played it? Not even close right?

clip sounds great!

For pure distortion, I think Night Train slays AC15 easily. I mean, I'm using the Bright channel in this video, and the Thick channel is way smoother with more sustain, although I prefer the Bright channel for gain because it has more presence. AC15C1 couldn't do anything in that more modern sound.

That said, AC15C1 was probably a bit chimier.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by billybilly

View Post

Nice work honey, you're getting good.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by xrleroyx

View Post

I had a night train for awhile. It had a fantastic distortion. Wish it had channel switching though...

I never really enjoy channel switching, the change in volume and tone always bugs me. I think I'm fine with the Night Train system, where volume knobs and boosts can cause a wide range of dynamic changes while still keeping the same character of tone. This amp has a lot of treble with the gain cranked and the guitar volume quite low, which is something that Voxes seem to do better than others. It seems like other amps clean up with the volume knob, too, but Voxes excel at giving me treble and bite with the clean.

Archived