NGD - So I got one of the Midtowns too

PunkKitty

• Members

I just got my Gibson Midtown. This is one of the nicest guitars I've ever picked up. This one is beautiful. My only problem is that the fretwork has some minor issues. There's a Gibson repair center in Chicago. I'll bring it in for a warranty repair. I'm keeping this one as long as I possibly can.

DSCF6218.jpgDSCF6220.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by TheIgnoramus

View Post

HNGD. What's the issue with the fretwork?

There is some fret buzz on the second and third frets. Nothing major. Maybe it's just a truss rod adjustment. But considering that it's new, I'll have Gibson authorized service take a look at it before I consider sending it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Steadfastly

View Post

Man, these things are selling like hot cakes. Does Gibson have a winner with this thing?

They do at $799.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by PunkKitty

View Post

There is some fret buzz on the second and third frets. Nothing major. Maybe it's just a truss rod adjustment. But considering that it's new, I'll have Gibson authorized service take a look at it before I consider sending it back.

You'd send back a guitar because of fret buzz? What if the service center tells you that the neck is fine but just needs a set-up? Will you send it back if they don't offer to do it for free?

Absolutely not trying to be argumentative, just trying to understand. I guess it goes to the old car analogy: would you return a new car because the seat and mirrors aren't how you like them?

Anyhoo, congrats on the new guitar. Looks ace. I would have jumped on these as well, but I'm tapped out from last week's shennanigans.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Tone Deaf

View Post

Well yeah...it gives the cheap guitar crowd a reason to stop bashing on Gibson. tongue.gif

Include me in that crowd. Not that I'm so cheap when it comes to guitars but many of their guitars are over-priced for what they are offering. One of their CEO's a few years back admitting to putting the astronomical prices on their guitars because they sold very well at those prices. To me that is immoral theft/fraud for their marketing targets this ploy which multitudes have fallen for.

I'll pay $1000.00 or more for a guitar but it will be as much or more of a guitar than Gibson's $2000.00-$4000.00 models.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by joemonkey

View Post

You'd send back a guitar because of fret buzz? What if the service center tells you that the neck is fine but just needs a set-up? Will you send it back if they don't offer to do it for free?

Absolutely not trying to be argumentative, just trying to understand. I guess it goes to the old car analogy: would you return a new car because the seat and mirrors aren't how you like them?

Anyhoo, congrats on the new guitar. Looks ace. I would have jumped on these as well, but I'm tapped out from last week's shennanigans.

I'm not sending it back. I just dropped it off at the shop for a setup and fret level. It's no big deal.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by PunkKitty

View Post

DSCF6220.jpg

I particularly love the color gradations on the back of that neck love.gif

I got the Midtown Custom myself. I was a sucker for it's "Lucille" vibe to its looks and also a sucker for the BB 1&2 combo.

I find your model of Midtown tempting too, but then I'd have to think about what other P-90 semi-hollows I have that should go to make room

Congrats and Enjoy!

Archived