Has anyone received their MF 150% gift certificates yet? Any problems using them?

eeddings

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have not gotten my codes yet. When I called musiciansfriend today for a price match he seemed relieved that's all I wanted. So I am sure they all are getting plenty of angry phone calls right now. Must suck to be a csr for musiciansfriend this year.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Drastion

View Post

I have not gotten my codes yet. When I called musiciansfriend today for a price match he seemed relieved that's all I wanted. So I am sure they all are getting plenty of angry phone calls right now. Must suck to be a csr for musiciansfriend this year.

the last CSR I spoke to said the gift cards might have an extended expiration date and the 150% price-matching might be a permanent thing. who knows if there's any truth to that. I just want to get my gift cards in time to be able to stack them.. if they pull some jerk move where they divide them up over time so one will expire before you can use the next I will be pretty upset. wish chris would chime in here. he was awesome at addressing our concerns last week.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by eeddings View Post
"The first ones will go out 12/6/12, after which they'll be sent out in weekly batches."

Hmm, I wonder why no one received any yet.
All "the first ones" means is that they planned on sending out a minimum of two.

Does anyone else get the feeling that MF went into this "150% pricematch" thing without giving the slightest thought as to how they'd actually, you know, honor it? Par for the course for them. The only reason I ever do business with MF is the rare occasions when I can get an actual good deal, which is generally accidental on their part.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by eeddings View Post
And the fine print:

"*Not redeemable for cash. Good for one-time use only. Redeemable by phone at 866.926.1922. Not valid with other offers or coupons, for purchase of gift certificates, warranties, or credit to past purchases."
The "not redeemable for cash" part is understandable and totally reasonable. But I guess they aren't the "same as cash", huh? Pretty sad that they couldn't get their {censored} together on this one...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl View Post
The "not redeemable for cash" part is understandable and totally reasonable. But I guess they aren't the "same as cash", huh? Pretty sad that they couldn't get their {censored} together on this one...
I'm really happy with the disclaimers (or lack thereof) but the use by 12/22/2012 is not exactly what they advertised.

Also, sounds like you must call to use:

"It's good on nearly everything we sell, but to redeem you'll need to call 866.926.1922 and order by phone."

Archived