What would you change about the new format, constructively speaking?

billybilly

• Members

Could be a time to give them a hand in tweaking this new site.  I mean, they might listen to us, they did last time.

Personally, I find it a bit hard to read, the font being too small where I am typing here and too large on the main heading.  

Anyone else have something constructive to offer?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

billybilly wrote:

Could be a time to give them a hand in tweaking this new site.  I mean, they might listen to us, they did last time.

Personally, I find it a bit hard to read, the font being too small where I am typing here and too large on the main heading.  

Anyone else have something constructive to offer?

Yes I have pointed that out, it probably has to do with the large displays some people are using these days, they have no idea about what other people use to view web pages.

• Members

Oh God, there is no spell check!!!!!  That is a huge problem.

I'd don't mind the Kudos, especially if there is a way to keep score of how many you actually have gotten, might encourage more civility on the forum.

Also, I don't like is how the text is working.  I hit "command +" (size up the text) just so that I can read it, but then have to constantly scan my screen back and forth just to read a few really long  lines.  The auto return, or what ever you call it, need's to be set at a shorter interval.

I'm on a 17 inch mac book pro.

• Members

What would I change? What would I not!  I find the whole thing very counter inuiive. The home page is confusing. Maybe the point is to integrate all of HC more.. I much preferred it in the past when there was a quick and easy link that took me away to the forums. The forums are the only part of HC in which I have any interest, so it bury them within the rest (as seems to be) is a pain for me. Beyond that, the format is very confusing, I would much, much rather have a simple list as before. I'm not opposed to change for its own sake, but the only problem the old site had was how slow it had gotten. This is..... No, I'm notg getting it. 

Really hate the overall look of it all, but I suppose I might get used to it. All feels very much like I remember HC2.0 being. 

• Members

Oh gawd, is this HC 2.0 redux?

I'd increase the size of the avatars. What are they now, 20x20? There's only one good reason to have them that small. But if they're reduced  in size to save space, might as well go whole hog and get rid of them entirely, right?

Oh here's another one. This Rich Text message page does not fit the window. The page is much wider than the window, so my writing just butts up against the window frame. Now when I'm editing my post, I have to scroll left and right to see what I wrote.

This 'number of views' entry below the user info is useless, IMO. Get rid of it.

• Members

Here are a few more.

What's with the message 'Success! Click to go to your post.' I don't want to go to the first post of the thread after I post. I want to go to my post without a prompt.

And how about a general Reply button at the bottom of the page, after the last post? That would make sense.

And this Rich Text window is really awkward. Hitting the enter button should get me to the very next line, without padding space and without dropping down more than one line.

• Members

**bleep** **bleep** balls **bleep** **bleep** **bleep** **bleep** sonofabitch **bleep** retard **bleep** **bleep** cornhole **bleep** **bleep**

The avatars are micro-small. Other than that, I'd just change it back exactly as it was. this is **bleep**.

Also, I'm glad my name isn't d*ck, because then you'd all have to call me **bleep**.

• Members

a)  Immediately get rid of the useless "Top Tags" and "New Solutions" krap on the right of the forum view taking up 1/3 of page.  Devote the saved space to the subject lines.

b) Make the avatars bigger; comparable to their size in vBulletin

c) Sticky posts

d) Get rid of the huge header, or at least cut it down to 1/2 its current size.  Perhaps keep the grey bar with the holes that contains the logo, but the top bar with the "music levels" graphic is utterly wasted space that takes up 10% of the screen.  Kill it with fire.

e) Fix the Rich Text Editor so that it auto-wraps when the text reaches the end of the viewport.

f) Put a Reply to Topic button on the bottom of the page as well as on the top.

g) Make the background of quotes and signatures a different color (pale grey or something?) to help visually distinguish them from the body of the text.  Make the font of the signatures smaller (maybe -1 of what it currently is) and the body text a little larger (maybe +1 of what it currently is)

h) Immediately axe the nanny censorship bullschitt;  this isn't a child development website.  :manmad:

i) When you post a new reply, it should take you to the END of the thread (i.e. your own post) not the top of the thread.

j) The ability to change/hide the background graphic would be nice.

k) No youtube embeds?

Archived