Praise and Worship Y'all?

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Members

I have some sympathy about wanting to not be like a conventional church, but mixed feelings about embracing the darker side of metal. Death and misery are things that a real faith in Jesus would be setting people free from, rather than encouraging them toward. Having said that, this IS a BBC news article, and may not be exactly presenting an accurate representation of what they're doing in order to create a bit more 'newsworthiness'.

I've been happy to use Vs and my Washburn A20 in church, and no-one ever seemed to mind.

• Moderators

Ancient Mariner wrote:

I have some sympathy about wanting to not be like a conventional church, but mixed feelings about embracing the darker side of metal. Death and misery are things that a real faith in Jesus would be setting people free from, rather than encouraging them toward. Having said that, this IS a BBC news article, and may not be exactly presenting an accurate representation of what they're doing in order to create a bit more 'newsworthiness'.

I've been happy to use Vs and my Washburn A20 in church, and no-one ever seemed to mind.

To me, this seems like the very sort of Christian gathering that Christ would have attended.

And it's Dogma Free, and seemingly discrimintaes against no one.....Whole Lotta Jesus Goin On

• Members

Reminds me of these guys: http://www.scumoftheearth.net/SOTEC/Welcome.html

Phil 1:15-18

15 Some indeed preach Christ from envy and rivalry, but others from good will. 16 The latter do it out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. 17 The former proclaim Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely but thinking to afflict me in my imprisonment. 18 What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed, and in that I rejoice.

/ wp's morning office theology  :)

FWIW, as a young wanderer, I would have been totally into this.  It's a revelation to have hope preached in your language, even if that language is hopelessness.  Sometimes life's path takes us through dark woods.

Archived