Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home made Les Paul

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, love the headstock inlay, looks ace!

Comment

Thinking about that, Knock. I don't own an amp so either my wife needs to give me a vintage Fender for Christmas or I'll have to make my own. Any good books on vintage tube amps?

I recommend these. http://www.londonpower.com/tube-amp-books.htm

Comment

Nice work, looking good!
        Custom Explorer w/ 57 Classics
        Kramer"Old Glory" Tele; Thank You RG_76 and Family
        Fly Customs V
        CEC Amplification Suckerpunch 15*FS*
        Fender Mustang I/III
        Catalinbread DLS v2
        Humphrey Audio Slo/Diezel mod MT-2

Comment

wow! amazing talent! subscribed!
          rockin' for life

Originally Posted by GAS Man

Thrash the establishment, strip it down, and let it rip.

Originally Posted by Deadbeat Son

There's no "just a" allowed here. There's no reason to denigrate a great guitar that does the trick for you just because it's less expensive than someone else's.

Good Trades with: boonestunes, smithshred

Nox P

Comment

Wife caught me looking at this thread yesterday; she insisted on seeing the whole thing and is very impressed.
            AxeFXII with these: Axis | BMG RS | Strat |N4| LP Classic | SG Classic | Sheraton | Tele

Comment

THis is really cool! Great work and I love the headstock inlays!
              Great Deals

Originally Posted by jjpistols

Damn son! Not only are you a master dealer, I also crown you king of the multiquote!

PLATINUM TRADER + 20

M*B*M
              SG ARMY: pfc, res.
              Ibanez Art Corps

Comment

I'm in.

Surfy
                HC Geezer Brigade #71

"There's a little green man in my head"

Comment

Fantastic thread.

Thanks for keeping up with the updates.
                  I didn't come here to save whales, I came here to get laid and make rock 'n' roll

Comment

I have to look at these threads when its done as I'm all impatient now waiting for update

Looks great though, I will try something like this one day.
                    ESP M-II Thru-neck
                    Gibson Les Paul Studio
                    Spider Valve 2x12

Comment

Lets finish the headstock before moving on. First, route the channel with a stepped router bit. I'm binding in cream so I cut a few pieces and bent the top of the crown with a little heat from a heat shrink gun. Here are the pieces, the ends of the binding are mitered to make a nice looking corner (note that I modified the Gibson headstock shape just slightly by removing he dimple in the center - much easier to bind that way and I don't want this to be a pure Gibson copy)

I thought that I had another tube of Duco cement but it had gone bad so I used CA - works good but you have to move fast. Painters tape to hold it in place

It stands a little proud of the veneer, but scrapes back nicely so its flush

Enough for today....

Comment

Wow. Someone already said it, but you do make this look easy. Nice work!
                        Good deals with: shrouded, inscho, outtahear, 57GLDTP, K-Bizzle, mikeSF, Zemmy, Woody_in_MN, dcindc, Mike Fiasco, adlo76, bdhn, monsterbot, newbuilder, stratedge09, TomCray, ss454Originally Posted by Mike FiascoLike most hipsters, zombies are artfully disshevelled on the outside and dead on the inside.

Comment

freeman, i know your threads from HCAG. could you show a quick pic of some of your finished acoustics?
                          Originally Posted by Puckman

I'd have to put "Goo" in there first, personally.

Comment

great thread...well done
                            HCGB trooper #187
                            A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer.

Comment

freeman, i know your threads from HCAG. could you show a quick pic of some of your finished acoustics?

Well, gosh, OK, if you insist, blush.....

I built these earlier this year - Weissenborn type lap guitars as were played in the '30's. Comtemporary players include David Lindley, Ben Harper, Bob Brozman and others. Koa with maple trim

Here is the tricone that I built a couple of years ago. Most are metal altho National Resophonic is building a wood one now, again, this is koa with maple trim

And this is a very long scale ladder braced 12 string as was played by Leadbelly and Willie McTell (and today by guys like Alvin Youngblood Hart and Paul Geremia). It is typically tuned to C or even B and absolutely roars with a bottle neck. Red (adi) spruce over mahogany, scale lenght is 26-1/2 inches

the headstock in my avatar is my go to guitar - very similar to the one EC played on Unplugged. There are others, but I don't want to be too off topic. Now back to your regularly scheduled Les Paul clone...

Comment

Fantastic, Freeman! You've got to play this beauty for a VOM when it's all put together. If it's anything like your acoustics, it'll be a true work of art.
                                In the understory
                                I can't see the forest
                                For the branches and the leaves
                                But I believe
                                I do believe
                                by me:

www.box.com

"Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn."
                                Charlie Parker

Comment

Working...
                                X