Can anybody tell me about this chord?

Krugg

• Members
No just kidding. Is that how you interpret Atual? Anyway what I heard that one time was maybe two notes at a seventh and/or a clangy harmonic or two. What's the rest go like?

Well I actually spent some time trying to decipher your mysterious script and I ended up with

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/forum/guitar/acapella-40/31334140-delete

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:A6NkPYdmTa8J:www.harmonycentral.com/forum/forum/guitar/acapella-40/31334140-school-me-on-atual-chords+&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ae&client=firefox-a

It's a bit of a puzzle because it seems that the dude was referring to you in the second thread, and he was talking about some dude playing a middle finger type of chord, so I presumed meant all six strings.

Then on the first thread you say something about "Googull says it's Portuguese for current," which would be the Portuguese word "atual".

Then you say something about "Gesundheit.", then I was like "Oh so this guy's just some nutcase who types random foreign language 1-word replies to people. Then the other guy was like "its just another word from the italian music dictionary for chord?". And I was like, "How in the world is something like Gesundheit Italian?"

Lol.

You did annoy me a little. But thank you. I'll experiment with your suggestions and I may have some more questions for you if you're comfortable with that.

• Members

Yeah I didn't get it either. I thought the guy was kidding. One of the mods here is Frets 99 so new guy posts as Frets, ALT is the first thing that comes to mind. Anyway, guilty. I often give cynical, sarcastic responses but usually as deadpan humor. Nothing else to post at anymore.

I hear the low open E string, maybe one other note, possibly the higher E on the 7th fret of the 5th string (from the previous octave played). The low E is really sharp, from hitting it really hard with the pick. Add that to a more in tune higher E and some heavy fuzz and the result is something that sounds more complex than just a slightly out of tune octave.

• Members
I hear the low open E string' date=' maybe one other note, possibly the higher E on the 7th fret of the 5th string (from the previous octave played). The low E is really sharp, from hitting it really hard with the pick. Add that to a more in tune higher E and some heavy fuzz and the result is something that sounds more complex than just a slightly out of tune octave.[/quote']

That's interesting but I think there is an unwound string there somewhere.

I put the mouse pointer on the progress bar where the chord occurs and clicked it repeatedly and what I hear now is E7.

x

Almost a #9 sound but no sharp #9

Do you mean the high E open?

What about

Ex

Bx

G0

D0

A7

E9

I don't think there is a B.

Also if anybody's interested

this is the same part but with another guitar in, and if you take out your right headphone you can clearly hear it making this sound like an angry cat. What's going on there?

• Members
No just the bottom 4 strings - almost as if the guitar was placed in a stand with a thumb somehow barring that chord.

Yeah that sounds very close, but I think they were using a cranked modded JCM 800 so maybe I should do that that before I try to make a comparison.

You mentioned unnatural harmonics, what are those exactly and how are they achieved in this case?

Thank you very much Pop and gear for your help.

Edit: I take that back, gear is definitely right on this one (good job), but again it's not gonna sound the same as a cranked JCM.

• Members

Move your fret hand around haphazardly while raking the strings with the pick. With the gain cranked you should get all manner of cacophony and lots of plinks and squawks that can't be associated with any chord or harmonic function. All these sounds including the distortion and noise are harmonics. Unnatural.

• Members
Move your fret hand around haphazardly while raking the strings with the pick. With the gain cranked you should get all manner of cacophony and lots of plinks and squawks that can't be associated with any chord or harmonic function. All these sounds including the distortion and noise are harmonics. Unnatural.

Okay.

so this

is the same thing, correct?

Also, I'm still not sure what you were referring to earlier when you said "a clangy harmonic or two".

Archived