Metal Method

BlueMach1

• Members

I haven't used the Metal Method stuff, but a friend did and it helped his lead playing noticeably over the course of a few months and eventually his composition (well, as it relates to rock and metal). I used and am still using the books/cds by Troy Stetina (Metal Rhythm 1&2, Metal Lead 1&2, Thrash Guitar, Metal Guitar Tricks and Speed Mechanics for Lead Guitar) and they're pretty good. Except for the first rhythm and lead books (because I was already very familiar with the concepts) they've been extremely helpful to me. I want to get some star licks shred videos now =)

• Members

I just received the entire Metal Method course from Doug Marks. Despite playing on and off for 20 years, I found that I needed to get serious on lesson 6 out of the 24!

I scanned through all the DVDs before starting and the DVD quality is extremely good compared to other instructional stuff I've seen and owned. Compared to something like Hotlicks - Classic Blues Rock with Robin Trower you see that Doug is a teacher and Robin is a performer. It's best to learn from teachers.

The only disappointment was that the tab 'notebooks' are just photocopies with all the exercises crammed into the absolute minimum amount of space. That isnt good, but having used the course for about 3 hours now, they do the job.

I would wholeheartedly recommend the course to anyone. I'm very excited by what I'm learning.

Archived