Looking for a giant poster of scales/chords for guitar room

• Members

I finally set up a free room in the house as my "guitar room" so I can alas mutilate the walls with posters and such (that the better half of course hates muahaha), I am looking for a big arse poster with scales/chords/etc. as kind of a reference while I practice, I really like the idea of this so I found a few:

First, Second, Third and this one that looks to be the most complete/detailed. Just checking in con los expertos so I can get one or more of good quality.

I did print off a ton of scale/chord diagrams from discover guitar's site, but a poster or two would be more convenient for me... Thanks for any recommendations :)

• Members

Virgman, I have the same one and I refer to it often. I bought mine from Walmart also. I also bought one with scales modes etc. I was using it until I saw some stuff in the lesson loft that contradicted them. I should actually take it down so it doesn't confuse me:)

• Members

Thanks Virgman, that looks neat, I'll check for it at Walmart on the weekend.

I actually just found these three (different from my OP) that I am just about to order, what do you guys think: One, Two, Three. I'm thinking of at least one or a combination of them, if not all three, what would you guys recommend? Again, just a nice, handy, big ol' reference on the wall is all I'm looking for while practicing :)

• Members

Doesnt one of the guys who posts here have a poster ... looks cool all blue-like! He will likely show at some time. If I recall his name I will PM him for you.

That would be me! :thu:

My poster focuses on rhythm stuff: strum patterns, caged system, triads, basic chord scales, sus chords, a bit of fingerpicking, etc. Mixing the theory with the chords.

And it's doing jail time! I had the poster ads in Guitar World when this woman with a thick Russian accent called me. Said she was buying the poster for her boyfriend to keep him occupied in prison. Yeah! :cop:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey dudes, a couple days ago I finished putting together my own "posters" and I think they're pretty damn good, I bought a 5-pack of bristol board from Staples and then printed out a bunch of scales, all modes (most is from discover-guitar), fretboard notes and one sheet of chords, cut 'em down to size and glued the suckers up. Still have to hang them on the wall but here is a couple shots I just took:

9SBZn.jpg

JuPoz.jpg

Ztupg.jpg

Iu7mA.jpg

Just glancing at them on the floor has been very helpful so far, these are definitely some great learning tools, hope it gives anyone else the idea! :thu:

• Members

wouldnt it be easier to learn how to construct chords ie stacking thirds from the major scale, then experiment by extending the chords etc. I have a diagram of the circle of 5ths and a couple of scale formulas, all the modes etc i find in the major scale.Too many chord diagrams make me dizzy:)

• Members

Well there's only one page of chords on one of the bristol boards :) I really wanted a very in-my-face visual reference for learning the scales and it's been extremely helpful in learning to construct chords as I read some of my theory books and then as I play I have all the scales at a glance and can quickly apply the theory :D

This "system" if you will is really working for me, everyone learns at their own pace/in their own way, and this way has been quite helpful :thu:

• 7 years later...
  • Members

Hi Folks,

My company created a series of guitar and ukulele posters that I think you will find very efficient and useful.

The Creative Guitar Poster contains a wealth of information and the whole surface is dry-erase so you can get creative circling things and highlighting box shapes, etc.. The Triads poster displays triads up and dow the fretboard as well as across the fretboard so it's easier to visual and understand the concept.

I would love to hear what you think of them.

http://bestmusicstuff.com

517d75f4aefd0c4e7542f344007b8898.png.1cf271adf7d8cb6bfdacc3c98a6c3504.png

056039fff437525c6772bf850682d190.png.c1ba9c21bdd1d8000a7162f260b62069.png

Hi Folks,

My company created a series of guitar and ukulele posters that I think you will find very efficient and useful.

The Creative Guitar Poster contains a wealth of information and the whole surface is dry-erase so you can get creative circling things and highlighting box shapes, etc.. The Triads poster displays triads up and dow the fretboard as well as across the fretboard so it's easier to visual and understand the concept.

I would love to hear what you think of them.

http://bestmusicstuff.com

You're welcome to participate here, but we ask you not to spam your fellow musicians.

However, you're welcome to put a link to your site and your posters in your sig. Drop me or one of the moderators a PM if you need help with that.

Archived