Just In Case...

meganutt7

• Members

If anyone happens to be in the greater tri-county area (Dade, Broward, Palm Beach) in Florida, I am now apparently the house guitarist of a pretty hot jam night in Coconut Grove...If you want to come by and jam out, it'll be me on guitar, my good friend Marcel Salas on bass (he's a BEAST) and J.J. Freire of Suenalo Sound System on drums (he is, also, a beast...) It'll be fun, jazzy, funky and jammy... Bring your instrument and jam out!!! If you actually step up and play, you get 2 free drinks...

The name of the place is Jada Cole's and it's on Coral Way and 22nd.

Come out, guys... It'll be alot of fun.

• Members

Thanks, Virg... I am sure it's a bit different now than it was in 1979.... It's super trendy and whatnot.. But hip in some real way, too.... 1001gear, I dunno that anyone will be filming or taping... Perhaps in the future we can have someone actually tape the stuff...

But I appreciate your idea!!!

• Members

Thanks, Virg... I am sure it's a bit different now than it was in 1979.... It's super trendy and whatnot.. But hip in some real way, too.... !

It was a pretty hopping place then as I recall.

I know we went to a few nightclubs around there but it's kind of a hazy memory to me now.

• Members

Yeah, but it has been alot more "intustrialized" now... It's a pretty booming place, still...very hip... Lots of cool people amidst a sea of many posers.... But regardless, if any of you guys are in the area any Wednesday in the near forseeable future, I will be rocking out with two amazing musicians to start each night and then we open it up to other musicians, whether they're guitarists, bassists, drummers, percussionists, horn players, keys players, singers, etc. We like to have a nice group of capable musicians painting the soundscapes for a bunch of savvy drunks!!! Alwaysa good time to be had... Tonight we will be playing some (supposedly) Jazzed out Soundgarden covers, Police, Wayne Shorter, some Drum n' Bass, etc. But 99% of the stuff is improvisational in nature... Not alot of tune calling, per se. It's very loose and fun... Like I said before, there are STELLAR musicians that show up to play every week and it's a great place to network, get a couple of drinks just for jamming and to elevate your musical skills!!!

I know those two guys kick my ass every time I play with them.

it's always a fun time!

• Members

It's an open jam type of gig... The core trio starts off playing some tunes/jams and then it opens up to anyone who wants to jam... If you're good, you can stay up longer, if you suck you usually get called out.... There is a house amp there and I bring one as well... bass player does too... Sometimes, when keys players show up they bring their own amp, or play through the board....

Yes, you can just call out changes or standards (jazz or otherwise) and play.... Last night we did a few actual TUNES...

We ended up doing Black Hole Sun in a jazz ballad style, Fee Fi Fo Fum (Wayne Shorter) in a quasi-reggae style, Message in a bottle in a traditional reggae style, going into a fusiony crazy jam... We did a SUPER FAST version of Nardis... but all in all not a ton of covers/standards... it's more jam oriented... Making up progressions real quick and then just filling the spaces...

It was a great time. You guys should come out in the future!!

• Members

Once again, kids.. It's wednesday... that means it's Jam Night at Jada Cole's in Coconut Grove... 10pm - 2am.... This week it will be me, Marcel Salas playing RIDICULOUS BASS and the hottest drummer I have EVER played with, Daniel Susnjar... He is a phenom from Australia who is working on his Jazz Performance PhD from the University of Miami. It is going to be beastly!!!

I highly urge any and all that are in the area to either show up to listen or BRING YOUR AXES AND JAM!!!!

2 Free drinks to anyone jamming!!!

;)

Come out and experience some face melting, groove oriented improvisational music.

Should be tons of fun!!!

• Members

Once again, kids.. It's wednesday... that means it's Jam Night at Jada Cole's in Coconut Grove... 10pm - 2am.... This week it will be me, Marcel Salas playing RIDICULOUS BASS and the hottest drummer I have EVER played with, Daniel Susnjar... He is a phenom from Australia who is working on his Jazz Performance PhD from the University of Miami. It is going to be beastly!!!

I highly urge any and all that are in the area to either show up to listen or BRING YOUR AXES AND JAM!!!!

2 Free drinks to anyone jamming!!!

;)

Come out and experience some face melting, groove oriented improvisational music.

Should be tons of fun!!!

Dude, I think it would be impossible for me to be further away than I am, but if I lived in Coconut Grove, I think your promo would be even more intimidating.

Sounds like anyone jamming better be of a very high level level or you not going to be considered worthy of sharing the stage.

Is it like that?

Would be great to see, but even with 2 drinks, having the guts to actually jam with top players can be hard.

• Members

Man, you guys missed a SICK jam... amongst the highlights, we played a couple of Wayne Shorter tunes (a funk version of Footprints and a quasi-reggae/swing version of Fee Fi Fo Fum), a ballad version of Black Hole Sun, a SMOKIN' version of Thrill is Gone, a crazy contemporary improv on message in a Bottle and many interesting and chalanging jams...

Daniel Susnjar is the best drummer EVER!!! we jammed our asses off... If I can find any clips I will certainly post them for your guys viewing....

• Members

He's on YTube. Just anonymous bopping though.

Yeah, he's a professional.. When it's not HIS gig, he lays in the cut, for the most part....

But let me tell you, the guy is a BEAST AND A HALF!!!!

Amazing sense of rhythm and very adventurous and reactive.

Oh, and I meant clips from the gig, bro... If anyone took any video ,I will seek it out...

;)

• Members

Jam again tonight!!! if you're in Miami, come out and bring your respective ax!!! 10pm-2am with some of the sickest players in Miami... marcel Salas on bass, J.J Freire of Suenalo on drums and lil ol' me on guitar... The jam is on... You play, you get 2 free drinks!!! how sweet is that?!?!

Gonna be a funky, jazzy, jammy, nasty ol' time!!!

Archived