Free Lessons: Beginning to Advanced, Theory

• Members

Howdy,

Just a note to you all that I've developed a site where you may pick up some tips: 

http://davesguitarplanet.com

I've been playing almost 50 years (!), 10 of those professionally. I also have a degree in English, so I think my explanations are clearer than many. ;-) I often include graphics and text right in my videos for easy understanding. It's 95% free, but of course donations are welcome.

Happy Pickin',

DP

• Members

DavesPlanet wrote:

Howdy,

Just a note to you all that I've developed a site where you may pick up some tips: 

I've been playing almost 50 years (!), 10 of those professionally. I also have a degree in English, so I think my explanations are clearer than many. ;-) I often include graphics and text right in my videos for easy understanding. It's 95% free, but of course donations are welcome.

Happy Pickin',

DP

Hey Dave, thanks for posting. Nice site. Are you in Thailand though.

Will you be adding more songs. I didn't check but did you have sound files for your songs?

• Members

I'm still filling things out but what I already have up is a wide variety. Some songs include a 'play-along' video with the lyrics and chord grids on screen, as well as me strumming. These are primarily for beginners who want to jump right in and play a simplified version of a popular song. 

On the other end of the scale are solo chord melody arrangements for more advanced learners. With these, one video shows me playing the tune from beginning to end; the other video is me explaining how to play it. They almost always include a PDF of the score/TAB for free download.

There are also quite a few lessons on theory, most ly in the Intermediate section.

Almost forgot: There's a whole page of Backing Tracks of different types for folks to practice improvising over.

And more stuff comes almost every week. Feel free to 'like' my Facebook page, where I usually post info about latest uploads, etc.: 

https://www.facebook.com/davesguitarplanet

Archived