Why is there no talk here anymore?

• Members

It all started with the re-design. I've seen it happen on one or two other sites too.  It's not just that we have to learn the new system (always more complicated than the old one).  It's like a friendly familiar face has suddenly been replaced, for no good reason.  (Personally I think it's less attractive as well as -slightly - harder to use.)

It shouldn't put keen contributors off, of course, but it's probably enough to deter the more casual visitors from posting the queries that keep it going.

I guess we can still come here and post threads about nothing - such as this one! :)

• Members

A change in employment, away during the week, means I'm only able to look here occasionally rather regularly.

Jon's right tho', the last change was a big one which cost the whole site a lot of users.

But lessons are something you learn once and then move on, its only the obsessed that persist with it :)

There's little passing traffic these days.

But thank you for you guys hanging around, you show just how much there is to learn .

Excuse me while I go and practice my triplets :)

• Members

I don't come by as often cuz after HC 2.1.3210.232 I just became less and less interested. I reckon that I got away from it while it was down, when I came back to it, I was made aware that I had spent entirely too much time on HC. It was really helpful and I learned a lot in a lot of the forums (not just the LL), but after a while it was just too much effing around and arguing and blah blah blah....it stopped being a resource and moved into being a diversion. Then it moved into a weird kind of addiction. I was coming to HC every day and checking in and getting in conversations that lasted for days.  Cool for a while, but.......

Plus, I like vbullietien better. Posting a link or pic is a pain, and the quote features suck.

So now I just poke in and lurk every couple of weeks. Post rarely. I'm sure Ill be back with more of a presence when I get a break, but right now I need to stay focused on projects, gigs etc......but cheers to all you gize. I miss you crazy cats.  But not Jeremy. I never miss him. He's unmissable.:smiley-bounce012:

I wonder about meganutt...anyone hear from him? I'll never forgive gennation for running him off.

• Members

3shiftgtr wrote:

I don't come by as often cuz after HC 2.1.3210.232 I just became less and less interested. I reckon that I got away from it while it was down, when I came back to it, I was made aware that I had spent entirely too much time on HC. It was really helpful and I learned a lot in a lot of the forums (not just the LL), but after a while it was just too much effing around and arguing and blah blah blah....it stopped being a resource and moved into being a diversion. Then it moved into a weird kind of addiction. I was coming to HC every day and checking in and getting in conversations that lasted for days.  Cool for a while, but.......

Plus, I like vbullietien better. Posting a link or pic is a pain, and the quote features suck.

So now I just poke in and lurk every couple of weeks. Post rarely. I'm sure Ill be back with more of a presence when I get a break, but right now I need to stay focused on projects, gigs etc......but cheers to all you gize. I miss you crazy cats.  But not Jeremy. I never miss him. He's unmissable.
:smiley-bounce012:

I wonder about meganutt...anyone hear from him? I'll never forgive gennation for running him off.

I ate and drank far too much on the weekend to be missed! I do hear ya on the break thing. For me this place was always kind of a water cooler hang between things I am working on during the day/night. I need to do a re-set mentally between tasks so I have found these forums to be very helpful in that regard. Plus it makes me feel good karma wise to pay it back to the community.

I am Facebook friends with Danny (Meganutt) so I speak to him a fair bit still. Same with Jasco and Mo. Gennation and I never really saw eye to eye but he provided some really good content around here.

Who I do miss is Virgman and his standup comedy stuff! Brother where ya hiding?

The reason i asked the question is because most of the good old poster's still poke their heads in here like you. Just very few of us seem to get engaged in anything meaningful or defend the somewhat sarcastic responses.

Archived