Need alittle help...

• Members

Hey guys, I am new around here. But I have a questions for you... I am trying to achieve a certain level of playing in a particular style, and I was hoping some of you could point me in the right direction. I'm not sure I any of you have heard of this

(Plini) but I really dig his "all over the place" fusion thing hes got going on. Here is where I am coming from, not the greatest quality. Do you guys have any idea how to get outside of the notes like this? Thanks for listening(reading) me ramble on.

• Members

Hey man,

I've never hear of Plini before, and it's pretty nice stuff.   Kind of a shame he didn't use a real drummer on that opening cut.   Ive always felt the best way to learn about someone else's style is to tear it apart, learn every single note of all the melodies and solos.  Learn the chords that go under the melodies.   Try to understand the relationship between the two.   More often than not, that process reveals quite a lt abut the artist, and what elements contribute to their style.   Try it!

• Members

satch1989 wrote:

Hey guys, I am new around here. But I have a questions for you... I am trying to achieve a certain level of playing in a particular style, and I was hoping some of you could point me in the right direction. I'm not sure I any of you have heard of this
(Plini) but I really dig his "all over the place" fusion thing hes got going on.
is where I am coming from, not the greatest quality. Do you guys have any idea how to get outside of the notes like this? Thanks for listening(reading) me ramble on.

That Plini thing IS a drum groove. So is yours except it's more percussion(y). Uh, listern to Guthrie Govan more, take drum lessons, work on arpeggios as a set of drums, and the solo motifs as melodic drum fills/solos.

Archived