No announcement yet.

Will EHX come out with a "Polysynth"??

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thankyou View Post

It's a Carvin NS-1, nylon strings, tele looks. I think those are the Roland models that connect with it. It's just a matter of budget for now.
    Yup - you want a synth with a Roland GK compatible input. GR33, GR55, etc.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
    - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
    - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
    - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

Yup - you want a synth with a Roland GK compatible input. GR33, GR55, etc.
      (writing info. down) Thanks, Phil. It's something that's kind of on my distant acquisition list.
      Quando omni flunkus, moritati.

Comment

If they want to issue a polysynth, why not stop fooling around with silly pedals and do the real thing?

Comment

Assuming EHX is using its polyphonic pitch shifting platform from POG/HOG, I don't see why polyphony wouldn't be possible. Maybe they left it mono to more faithfully emulate the synths it is supposed to sound like?

Comment

Originally posted by Vito Corleone View Post
            If they want to issue a polysynth, why not stop fooling around with silly pedals and do the real thing?

How am I supposed to do pick squeals with that??
            For those who prefer to listen rather than read and who ask these questions: What underlying crimes were being investigated when Trump obstructed justice? Why wasn't he indicted? Why did Mueller discuss indicting a sitting president in Volume II but not Volume I?
            https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Muell...ook/B07PXN468K

My (old dead) band!:
            www.steelphantoms.com/
            PM me if you want to give me a Deluxe US Strat with locking tuners and 22 frets for <$800. Fancy Strymon pedals welcome too!

Comment

Well now GAS has struck. I remembered I’ve wanted the Strymon Flint for a while to replace my old homemade Trem and so I could have reverb when going just through my plexi clone.

And then looking at further reviews of it, I got turned on to the Fulltone SupaTrem2, which sounds better but wouldn’t kill both birds.

Maybe i should limit my food diet to just bologna sandwiches till this passes. Get a SupaTrem, a Monosynth, and some economical reverb pedal for the end of the chain.
              Last edited by arcadesonfire; 07-12-2019, 10:58 AM.
              For those who prefer to listen rather than read and who ask these questions: What underlying crimes were being investigated when Trump obstructed justice? Why wasn't he indicted? Why did Mueller discuss indicting a sitting president in Volume II but not Volume I?

My (old dead) band!:
              www.steelphantoms.com/
              PM me if you want to give me a Deluxe US Strat with locking tuners and 22 frets for <$800. Fancy Strymon pedals welcome too!

Comment

Originally posted by Vito Corleone View Post

There's a really good iOS app from Korg that does a nice job of recreating the sound of that classic synth...

iPolysix

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

There's a really good iOS app from Korg that does a nice job of recreating the sound of that classic synth...

iPolysix
                  It is also one of the many classic Korg synths that lives inside my Kronos. Very cool the way they laid out the various synths so that you can program them almost as you would the originals.

The virtual MS-20 is a lot of fun!

Last edited by Vito Corleone; 07-12-2019, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Weeeeell... if you have a Kronos, you don't really need that iPad app...

Lucky guy!

- George Carlin

Comment

Weeeeell... if you have a Kronos, you don't really need that iPad app...

Lucky guy!

Yeah, I love that board. Had one since they first introduced it. Ironically, it's the first Korg board I've ever owned as I was never a big fan of their products back in the day. They always seemed to me to be kind of cheaper knock-offs of what Moog, Sequential Circuits, Roland and others were doing at the time. But there really isn't much I can't do with it.

Comment

Hmm, I do have a Korg R3. 'twas on loan to a friend's band for years, but they have now broken up. Maybe I should just run my guitar through its vocoder!!

My (old dead) band!:
                        www.steelphantoms.com/

Comment

Originally posted by arcadesonfire View Post
                          And then looking at further reviews of it, I got turned on to the Fulltone SupaTrem2, which sounds better but wouldn’t kill both birds.
                          Mr. Black Effects also make a combo reverb/trem that is cheaper than the Strymon.

My personal favorite trem pedal is the Frantone Vibutron, but they are pricey. I use heavy boosts upstream from my trem, which causes some to get washed out and lose depth. I don't have that problem with the Vibutron.
                          Last edited by Zooey; 07-12-2019, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X