Wow - Congratulations to EarthQuaker Devices - Awarded Exporter of the Year by the US Small Business Administration

I just got this in my email today and thought it worth sharing. Congrats are in order to the folks at EarthQuaker Devices - it couldn't have happened to a nicer group of people! :philthumb:

-------

EarthQuaker Devices awarded Exporter of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration.

AKRON, Ohio — EarthQuaker Devices, LLC has been awarded the 2019 Exporter of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration. Administrator Linda McMahon, the head of the SBA, announced the 2019 National Small Business Week awardees for 17 different categories ranging from research and development, exporting, outreach, contracting, lending, disaster recovery to manufacturing and construction.

“The SBA works to connect entrepreneurs to counseling and funding opportunities that provide the boost they need, no matter what stage of the lifecycle their business is in. Together with our SBA lending and resource partners in communities across America, small businesses are able to confidentially drive our economy,” McMahon said. “During National Small Business Week, the SBA will present well-deserved honors to the many individuals and organizations that have excelled at assisting small businesses, whether they are starting, growing, or recovering from disasters.”

Exporter of the Year

EarthQuaker Devices

Akron, OH

Julianne Marie Robbins, CEO

Jamie R. Stillman, Founder, President, Product Designer

National Small Business Week will be observed May 5-11, 2019, with events in Washington, D.C., around the country and online. All awardees have been invited to Washington, D.C. to participate in events and ceremonies on May 5-6. For more information about National Small Business Week visit: www.sba.gov/nsbw

• Members
. . . “The SBA works to connect entrepreneurs to counseling and funding opportunities that provide the boost they need' date=' no matter what stage of the lifecycle their business is in. Together with our SBA lending and resource partners in communities across America, small businesses are able to confidentially drive our economy,” McMahon said. . . .[/quote']

Wow. So they're not only driving the economy they're doing it in secret (i.e., "confidentially"). ;) I had to read the original article just in case that was a typo: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sba-administrator-announces-national-small-business-week-awardees-300824957.html.

In all seriousness, that's great news. I haven't dealt with EarthQuaker Devices but your endorsement goes a long way. :thu:

Archived