Help! Between Mooer Solo and Mosky Crazy Tone?

JoaoMequinha

• Members

Hi, I just asked this in another forum actually ,but I am afraid that not many people have used or compared them both, so I think I will ask it here too. So, here it is:

Due to the budgetary constraints, I am considering buying a Riot clone and was just to buy a Mooer's Solo yesterday on a trusty online shop in my country. However, the Solo was ran out of stock and they suggested Mosky Crazy Tone instead. He said that they are just the same, but Mosky's is at the lower price. I thought that I would like to do research a bit about the Crazy Tone. But It seems that there is so little information about it. There are only small quantity of reviews about it.

So, my questions are: are they really the same pedal with the same features and tone and built-quality?

and

Are they both equivalently noisy?I would really like the one which is less noisy.

Please help. Thank you.

• Members

Brazil? I've been sifting through Chinese ODs and turns out many are just rebranded units. In other words, they are identical except for cosmetic details. You'll have to Google this stuff yourself as I have no first hand knowledge. As far as the Suhr, Joyo makes one as do Caline and Rowin as well as a probable slew of other brands. Those three seem to be the most dependable brands (after Mooer - which is often double the price) and are supported by Amazon as well as other reputable sellers. Do you guys have river side delivery? Just kidding. Anyway the pedals I purchased all work as promised and are quite satisfying, tone wise.

• Members

Hi,1001gear. Thanks for the reply and input. I appreciate it. Actually, I am not from Brazil. I am from Indonesia. My grandmother gave me that name after her best friend which was a Portugese descendant.

I did google about this a lot before I post this, but I couldn't find adequate info, so I ask it here. Btw, In Indonesia, there aren't many Chinese pedals available. So far, we only have :

Offline stores: Mooer, Joyo, Nux ,Valeton.

Online stores : those four plus Caline, Mosky, some Rowins, and only few Enos ( because there are several stores who are ready to import it directly from China)

I guess this is partly because, suprisingly but true, many Indonesians prefer US brand to the Chinese's.

The only Chinese brand that gets the hype here is Valeton, but mostly in their tech21 clone(Dapper series).

We can order via overseas online stores(Alibaba, Ebay, Amazon, etc.) but their price(+ shipping cost) mostly increase to the Mooer price range, so I don't consider this route much.

Oh, I am aware that Joyo have a Riot clone too ,but I don't consider them, mainly because it doesn't have the three-mode switch. Besides, I tried several Joyos and Mooers before, and I even have some of them (Blade, yellow comp, bluesbreaker); My conclusion : I generally prefer Mooers to Joyos ( I really like their Vintage OD and Sweet baby, though).

So, that is why I am quite stucked with these two brands. Even a used Riot here is 3-4 times more expensive than the Mooer's Solo.

Any more input is welcome:) Thanks

• Members

Well Rowin and Donner both had / have Riot clones and may in fact be Mooer rebrands. I guess the only way to tell is to disassemble them. Anyway the Rowin is called LEF-601B and might be discontinued but must be available somewhere. The Donner is called Morpher and is currently 30 dollars on Amazon. Both have the mini form factor ( mini form factor :D ) and the 3 mode operation. Ahmma take a wild guess and say the Mosky is probably identical too.

• Members

hi, 1001gear. Thank you for replying. Yup, I notice they have the same features and almost the same model. But I guess I will wait for the original Mooer to be available again, Donner is interesting however, the price+ shipping costs as much as Mooer here. Nonetheless, thank you for the response. :)

• Members

Couple things about the Mosky. It only has two modes and maybe related to this, appears to have less mid-range detail. (known as treble in guitar circles) Means that per one comparison on Youtube, the Suhr has more air and realism making the Mosky sound muffled.

• Members

Hi, 1001 gear. In my country, Mooer is about $38 and Mosky is about $25. Thanks for giving the info about the features and your opinion about Mosky. It is harder to find comparisons between Tone crazy and Riot on youtube than Mooer's.

Yup,I think we get what we pay for here. That is why I asked if anyone has any experience about these pedals. I haven't tried it yet..probably next week, because i still want to compare it with Mooer and another pedal by Mosky (but higher end) Brown ( basically- a Wampler Pinnacle based). Hearing several hypes about this pedal. I will try that one too!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

hi,1001 gear, thank you for the video. sorry for replying late. I ended up buying the Mooer Solo 1 week ago and I am very pleased with this one. I haven't tried the Mosky yet, though, since the place I got the Mooer doesn't have the Mosky Crazy tone and I didn't have time to go to the shop who sells it, so I just grabbed that Mooer.

Archived