could any footswitch work?

samal50

• Members

I wanted to get a TC Helicon Switch 3 for my TC Helicon Voiceworks and was curious if I even need it or not? The Digitech FS3X is about $10 cheaper, or how about the BOSS FS-5U which I already have. I'm assuming all footswitch have the same function (i.e. it's a switch using my foot, etc). Why is there not a universal footswitch!?

• Members
I wanted to get a TC Helicon Switch 3 for my TC Helicon Voiceworks and was curious if I even need it or not? The Digitech FS3X is about $10 cheaper' date=' or how about the BOSS FS-5U which I already have. I'm assuming all footswitch have the same function (i.e. it's a switch using my foot, etc). Why is there not a universal footswitch!?[/quote']

Try your Boss pedal, they have 2 kinds of pedals momentary latched (silver) and momentary unlatched (black).

I would personally get the foot switch that is made for the TC, as they make nice stuff.

Companies do make universal pedals with a latched or unlatched switch. I have one.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
I would personally get the foot switch that is made for the TC' date=' as they make nice stuff[/quote']

This makes most sense as there's the possibility of cable incompatibility even though the Digitech is bundled with the TC unit. If you have individual switch - puts then you could use keyboard sustain pedals for the most used functions.

Archived