Need a power supply for your pedals? Check out the One Control Micro Distro

Phil O'Keefe

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"micro-distro-distributor-12d52481.jpg","data-attachmentid":32398030}[/ATTACH]

It's really tiny, so it's particularly well-suited for space-challenged pedalboards. For my full review of the Micro Distro, click the link:

https://www.harmonycentral.com/expert-reviews/one-control-micro-distro

And as always, if you have any questions or comments about the unit or the review, please feel free to post them here. :wave:

• Members

hmm... needed to scroll the whole article until i found if the outputs are isolated or not and got disapointed, and $135 for a (small) daisy chain the box with some cable does not sound like a great deal..

i really would be really interested if those sub $75 power supplies with isolated outputs from china hold up to their no noise promises or if they are just cheap and you get what you pay for?

and if the fuel tank jr with 5 isolated output is still the greatest bang for the buck..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The wall wart is what supplies the power, not the box. What's in the pic is just a splitter/junction box.

I don't see $175 worth of power supply there, sorry.

I see nothing here that can beat what the Spot One does at its cost which is typically $20 plus another couple of dollars for an extra daisy chain extension. I can run 11 normal pedals on a single wall wart and no screwing around with an extra junction box or the nightmare connecting a bunch of individual cables to a junction box.

When it comes to power, simpler is always better and the less cables involved the ness chance a box is going to lave a bad power connection.

The only flaw the Spot One has, if you want to call it that, is the connectors are spaced about 6" apart. If you have a large two tiered board Like I have going from the front row of pedals to the back row might be more then 6" so you need to plan how the boards built to get everything plugged in. Luckily they do make extensions so even that's not a problem, plus it would assume you're using all the plugs to begin with.

• Members

Do you have any specific brands / models in mind?

there is the harley benton powerplant junior for 29euro (looks like a t-rex fueltank junoir clone)

harley benton powerplant iso-1 pro for 49euro

arctec cpb-12 power brick... has no isolated outputs, but does almost the same than above product, but for only 58euro

mooer mirco power for 68euro

rock board power block 79euro

palmer pwt 05 mk2 82euro

all from thomann web site and their prices, harley benton is thomanns house brand... there are some more in the sub 100euro range, some state they are not isolated, some have a battery block, some with more some with less outputs...

i guess if someone searches on amazon, there are more cheape from asia, and yeah i still use my voodoo labs pp2+ but maybe for a second board i would need another power supply and it would be great to know the cheap alternatives can do and what not...

Archived