Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Tube Scream or Not! That is the Question!!!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Tube Scream or Not! That is the Question!!!

"These riffs were built to last a life time". Keith Richards

BDR-529

Member:
    Squier Army
    Schecter Society

That guy just put a 100 dollar Tube Screamer through a 3000 dollar Heritage and a 3000 dollar Divided by 13 amp. I bet that amp scream when you turn it up.

The Tube Screamer is very popular and often copies. I was an MRX guy back in the day. I use a Fulltone Full Drive II, but I also have a Fulltone OCD, that never made it to my pedal board.

For a while back in the day I used a RAT distortion pedal.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeo View Post
      That guy just put a 100 dollar Tube Screamer through a 3000 dollar Heritage and a 3000 dollar Divided by 13 amp. I bet that amp scream when you turn it up.
      Yeah, I thought it was rather ironic that they would do a video on "cheap pedals", but use a really nice, high-end amp and guitar to show it off.

The Tube Screamer is very popular and often copies.
      The Tube Screamer is quite possibly THE most copied pedal of all time. If it isn't, it's gotta be one of the top three.

I was an MRX guy back in the day. I use a Fulltone Full Drive II, but I also have a Fulltone OCD, that never made it to my pedal board.

For a while back in the day I used a RAT distortion pedal.
      I LOVE my V3 OCD - it's one of my all-time favorite dirt pedals.

If you like the Rat, you should check out the Animals Pedal Tioga Road Cycling Distortion review I recently did - it's basically a Rat at heart, but with some boutique pedal designer component tweaks, and three different clipping options - symmetrical (like a stock Rat), asymmetrical, and no diodes. Plus, at $119 "street", it's affordable too.

https://www.harmonycentral.com/forum...tortion-review

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
      - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
      - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
      - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

The video made perfect sence to me. Everyone raves about the SRV tone coming from the Tube Screamer but rarely mention the Dumble and Fender amp mix he had. Priced any Dumble amps recently? In 2012, some fetched $150,000. On the other hand, he put a $10 pedal though that amp and it sounded great.

At home, when I'm mixing up a sound 99 percent of the time I'm engaging my pedals with my hands and plastic housings like the Berringer or Danelectro don't take on abuse other applications do. At the same time your amp has to sound good because a pedal isn't going to fix it.
        "These riffs were built to last a life time". Keith Richards

BDR-529

Member:
        Squier Army
        Schecter Society

Comment

I've always been a fan of the theory that says the whole chain matters... guitar, cables, pedals, amp - it's all important.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
          - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
          - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
          - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Working...
          X