Danelectro choruses - which one?

• Members

I'm after that Arion SCH-1 style chorus tone (lush, glassy, '80s style chorus) but don't want to shell out for one. Checked out a few demos of a few Danelectro choruses, and they seem to get close to that tone (or are simply different to the standard Boss/Ibanez-style chorus tone).

Thing is, though: which one of the Danelectro choruses is the best buy? Milkshake? DC-1? CC-1? Wasabi AC-1?

I'm after that Arion SCH-1 style chorus tone (lush, glassy, '80s style chorus) but don't want to shell out for one. Checked out a few demos of a few Danelectro choruses, and they seem to get close to that tone (or are simply different to the standard Boss/Ibanez-style chorus tone).

Thing is, though: which one of the Danelectro choruses is the best buy? Milkshake? DC-1? CC-1? Wasabi AC-1?

It's subjective of course, but I like the sound of the DC-1 (Cool Cat) more than the Milkshake or the FAB Chorus. YMMV

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I never thought anyone would covet anything made by Arion. Everything I ever used of theirs was pretty much junk, worse then Behringer in fact, but I suppose one mans junk is another mans dream. I will say, Compared to the Arion stuff, anything is going to sound great in comparison.

The cool cat can be bought on eBay for $30. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the Dan electro stuff. They sound OK but that's it. Beyond that they have too many negatives to be bothered with them. Oddball shaped enclosures makes for pedal board mounting uniformity a problem. The enclose are plastic and too light. The knobs and pots are super cheap plastic and the chrome color makes them impossible to see in the dark.

Most importantly they are Not true bypass. They use a momentary switch and transistorized switching. The Momentary switches are silent. No click to let you know the switch was clicked. You have to either rely on the LED or the change in sound. Most importantly that button is real funky to step on. I'd regularly miss activating it properly which is the #1 reason I dislike those pedals. Give me a standard foot switch any day.

If you want to save money I'd suggest trying a Joyo or one of the other cloners. I've bout around a half dozen of them and haven't had any issues with them either in build or audio quality Joyo, Caline, Donner, Moen all make solid clones of popular chorus pedals https://www.ebay.com/b/Guitar-Chorus-Pedals/41413/bn_3120345?LH_BIN=1&rt=nc&_pgn=8&_sop=15

You can even get a Nono Clone for that price. https://reverb.com/p/electro-harmonix-nano-clone-chorus?

gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiuSrsfKI3wIVmv_jBx2nyQRAEAQYBSABEgK1q_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&hfid=14841895

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I will be buying a chours soon and have been looking at a lot of reviews The best sounding low priced one I think is NUX CH 3 $20 as for the dan's the milk shake sounded the best of thiers, Fender had a good sound $75. MXR was Good cost about the same as the fender

Archived