No announcement yet.

Braided Cables Knot Up

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braided Cables Knot Up

I've got some DiMarzio braided cables. I like them but they knot up when I move around. Does anyone have a fix on that one or is it just the nature of the beast?
    shizAAAAAM!!!

You may have dog genes. Check Ancestry dot com.

I use a 20 footer at home just so I can stay clear of the amp. Between that and tweaking sounds. guess what? If I remember, I walk to the amp and then don't make a full turn coming back. Reverse move IOW. Somebody here suggested wireless.
    Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

Originally posted by guitapick View Post
      I've got some DiMarzio braided cables. I like them but they knot up when I move around. Does anyone have a fix on that one or is it just the nature of the beast?
      Must be something unique to that brand. Maybe you have a tendency to walk in circles and turn it into a cork screw?

I wouldn't buy a cloth cable normally. Cant keep them clean. You can wipe down a rubber coated. Cloth looks like crap after being dragged around on a dirty floor which is actually unhealthy. I bought a cloth covered, no name Mono Price version a couple of years ago for practically nothing. You couldn't kink it up if you tried. The rubber under the cloth is stiff enough to prevent any kinks. In fact it stays a bit too stiff/straight for my liking.
      I don't gig with it, I just use it for recording. I'm not that picky when it comes to cables. They simply need to have good connectors and good cable so there's no hum and the connectors don't go bad.

Comment

Originally posted by 1001gear View Post
        You may have dog genes. Check Ancestry dot com.

I use a 20 footer at home just so I can stay clear of the amp. Between that and tweaking sounds. guess what? If I remember, I walk to the amp and then don't make a full turn coming back. Reverse move IOW. Somebody here suggested wireless.
        Thanks. I've do tend to make a full turn and that's where the trouble begins. I'll work on it.

I bought the cables on the rec of one of my techs. He said they give the best bang for the buck.
        shizAAAAAM!!!

Comment

I always have to take a momemt to 'unwind' my cables.

I do indeed walk in circles althogh I was not conscious of it until I started practicing Yoga and became more self-aware.
          "Isn't it a pity, isn't it a shame,
          how we break each other's hearts
          and cause each other pain"

Comment

The loops told you nothing?
            Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

Originally posted by onelife View Post
              I always have to take a momemt to 'unwind' my cables. . . .
              ^ This. It's just the nature of cables and musicians. I take a few minutes about once a month to unkink our praise band bassist's cable. If I didn't it would probably get to the point that it wouldn't reach from bass to amp.
              Last edited by DeepEnd; 10-24-2018, 03:22 PM.
              Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
              Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
              Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
              Member of the Schecter Society
              Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

I have a bunch of the braided cables. They seem to be too stiff and get coiled up on themselves. I really want to go wireless and ditch the whole cable thing altogether.
                Originally posted by MrKnobs
                God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

Originally posted by guitapick View Post
                  I got a Fender braided cable on SDotD from MF a couple years back and I've experienced that same thing. It just tends to kink up mostly when just trying to wind it for use.
                  "These riffs were built to last a life time". Keith Richards

BDR-529

Member:
                  Squier Army
                  Schecter Society

Comment

Working...
                  X