Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What other brand of pedals should i get aside from boss and mxr?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What other brand of pedals should i get aside from boss and mxr?

most of my pedals are from these two companies. what other brands should I try?

There are a bunch of brands and builders who make great pedals. While there are many brands I like, for me, it is less about brand loyalty and more about what is available for specific pedals and sounds that I’m after - so I look at it more from a “who makes a flanger that does A B and C?” or “who makes the coolest graphic EQ at an affordable price?” standpoint more than from a brand standpoint.

if you want me to list a bunch of brand names, I certainly can, but that isn’t the best way to look for pedals IMHO.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
    - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
    - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
    - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Also, since you're overseas, there's a question of what's readily available in your area... and I honestly don't know the answer to that.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
      - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
      - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
      - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Mooer and Donner should be easy to get. Digitech makes the distortion I use most. SC2. Good sounding pedal.
        Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
          . . . For me, it is less about brand loyalty and more about what is available for specific pedals and sounds that I’m after - so I look at it more from a “who makes a flanger that does A B and C?” or “who makes the coolest graphic EQ at an affordable price?” standpoint more than from a brand standpoint. . . .
          ^ Quoted for truth. Heck, I don't even use pedals and I figured that out. I'd go with the pedal with the best price/performance ratio (note, not the cheapest) that did what I wanted.
          Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
          Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
          Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
          Member of the Schecter Society
          Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Working...
          X