Best Auto-Wah pedal.....

bernardo gui

• Members

I've been doing a Reggae gig for the past 5 years.

I like the music & I Iike playing Reggae, it's fun.

I use a 2004 Roland JC-120 as my primary amp.

Guitars used are Custom Shop Strats & Teles.

I own a KILLER pedal board, all true bypass pedals.

All I need is a KILLER Auto-Wah pedal.

I need something that "POPS" when I hit the strings.

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Respect

Bernardo Gui

• Members

I don't know about "best", but clearly the most famous and desired auto-wah pedal (also called an 'envelope filter') is the Mu-Tron III.

It's the original and most famous envelope filter, the original was first produced in the 70s. I think a working vintage unit can go for $300 or more. There are plenty of modern clones and 'work-alikes' out there too.

My only hands-on experience with an auto-wah pedal is my Ibanez SB-7 "synth bass" pedal, it's terrible. :lol:

• Members

My favorite envelope filter has probably been the Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+ (original big box version, just because) which was designed by Mike Beigel, the designer who made the MuTron. But the EHX Riddle and Enigma are also fantastic for more flexible control and a smaller footprint.

My favorite modulated wah has always been the Electro-Harmonix Worm (again, the original big box version, just because), though the reissue has expression control and a smaller footprint.

But I find myself syncing everything to a clock these days... so I get more mileage lately using an Electro-Harmonix HOG2 in filter mode controlled by an Electro-Harmonix 8-step Sequencer.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived