let the amp sing

tbuechse

• Members

Hi,

thought about a boost pedal collection. 3 seperate Pedals: Hi, Mid, Lo EQ Boost with bell curve boost by controlling the boost amount with the foot, so no fixed settings to switch, but continuous boost variation by foot. plus variable frequency adjustments on each pedal, could be a knob on the device, no problem

At the end of this 3 EQ Boost pedal chain a final boost pedal controlling the overall frequency range.

Does these devices exist?

All this should lead to a controlled gaining stage in the valve amps input. Breathing between crystal clean to full blow screaming sound

Thx

Cheers

BX

• Members

Hey,

UJ Roth does it inside a guiar. Maybe there is equipment out there to drive EQ Boosts after the guitar output on a Board. But I don´t see much out there which goes into this direction. Please notice the similarity of the word "pedal" (like volume pedal) and "pedal" (meaning a switch)

I am talking about a pedal with continouus control as a parameter pedal, which drives the Boos of an EQ.. Rather analogue than digital...

THX very much

Best regards

BX

• Members

There are programmable EQ pedals that will let you program and store different EQ settings and select them on the fly.

There are also any number of on-board (installed in the guitar) boosts and EQ modules.

If you want your 3 treadle boost-a-freq gizmo, I suggest contacting a small pedal builder and see if they'll knock something together for you. Plan on paying several hundred dollars and waiting several months to get it made.

• Members
Hey,

UJ Roth does it inside a guiar. Maybe there is equipment out there to drive EQ Boosts after the guitar output on a Board. But I don´t see much out there which goes into this direction. Please notice the similarity of the word "pedal" (like volume pedal) and "pedal" (meaning a switch)

I am talking about a pedal with continouus control as a parameter pedal, which drives the Boos of an EQ.. Rather analogue than digital...

THX very much

Best regards

BX

Exactly what i was referring too except since you brought up Uli Roth, not screeching high gain and other effects you might as well use a synth. Like I said various EQ boosts would add noise and if you're already high gained...

In fact as far as tonal control, guitars might as well be a percussion instrument. Strike the note and hold it or let go. Anything else requires that dreaded pedal UI or sophisticated geo location or telepathy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

A standard Crybaby/Vox wah pedal has a fixed amount of boost, the treadle changes the frequency that's boosted. The design of the circuit was based on a midrange booster that was included in some early VOX amplifiers.

EHX (and others, probably) make a wah circuit with just a knob, (Cock Fight) so you can get that crazy, honky, boosted-to-heck midrange sound without trying to park a treadle in exactly the right position. AND, you can adjust the center frequency (you can't on most wah pedals). Three of these in series, and three expression pedals, and you're good to go.

Archived