No announcement yet.

A new pedalboard-centric twist on "magnets, how do they work?"

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new pedalboard-centric twist on "magnets, how do they work?"

For pedalboards that is... I wonder how well magnets work to secure and power your pedals?

https://guitar.com/earthboard-launch...ed-pedalboard/

Okay, a rechargeable battery does the actual powering on the Earthboard pedalboard, but magnets hold the power supply and pedals in place on the board. It looks like you'd have left / right pedal placement freedom and adjustability, but not on the up / down axis. Apparently you have to use their bottom magnetic attachments too... I'm not sure if that means you're out of luck if you have an odd-sized pedal you want to mount. From the looks of the layout, I'd say that's probably the case.

Still, it looks rather interesting to me... what do you think of it?

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
    - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
    - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
    - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter
Working...
X