Wampler Equator on the base

I've never tried one, but I see no reason why it wouldn't be a great EQ for use on bass. Unlike graphic EQ's, it has two semi-parametric midrange bands - that means you can adjust the center frequency of those two bands to whatever frequencies are best suited to your bass and your preferred sound. That's a great feature. It also looks like it can run on either 9V or 18V DC, which means you can use it at the higher voltage if you need more headroom - which can also be useful with bass - especially if you use a bass with active pickups.

My buddy Brett Kingman seems to like it a lot... and he mentions bass right near the start of his demo video.

[video=youtube;EmeXcpLn3js]

• Members

Yeah, an EQ is an EQ. As long as it affects the frequencies you need it should work with any instrument. There's no spec for the "Bass" or "Treble" controls but you could literally play that "by ear.". "Mids 1" is adjustable from 238Hz to 5KHz, "Mids 2" from 480 Hz to 4.8 KHz. That should be adequate for bass.

Yeah' date=' an EQ is an EQ. As long as it affects the frequencies you need it should work with any instrument. [b']There's no spec for the "Bass" or "Treble" controls[/b] but you could literally play that "by ear.". "Mids 1" is adjustable from 238Hz to 5KHz, "Mids 2" from 480 Hz to 4.8 KHz. That should be adequate for bass.

Bass is ~130 Hz and the Treble is ~7 kHz IIRC - it's mentioned in Brett's video.

• Members
I've never tried one, but I see no reason why it wouldn't be a great EQ for use on bass. Unlike graphic EQ's, it has two semi-parametric midrange bands - that means you can adjust the center frequency of those two bands to whatever frequencies are best suited to your bass and your preferred sound. That's a great feature. It also looks like it can run on either 9V or 18V DC, which means you can use it at the higher voltage if you need more headroom - which can also be useful with bass - especially if you use a bass with active pickups.

My buddy Brett Kingman seems to like it a lot... and he mentions bass right near the start of his demo video.

[video=youtube;EmeXcpLn3js]

That tele and Achillies Argossund really nice without the pedal, but then he pushed the Wampler in and I was not disappointed.

Archived