Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wampler Equator on the base

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wampler Equator on the base

    Does anyone have any experience using the Wampler Equator on the base? It looks like a great pedal for guitar! At 18v it should have plenty of head room.

  • #2
    Bump

    Comment


    • #3
      I've never tried one, but I see no reason why it wouldn't be a great EQ for use on bass. Unlike graphic EQ's, it has two semi-parametric midrange bands - that means you can adjust the center frequency of those two bands to whatever frequencies are best suited to your bass and your preferred sound. That's a great feature. It also looks like it can run on either 9V or 18V DC, which means you can use it at the higher voltage if you need more headroom - which can also be useful with bass - especially if you use a bass with active pickups.


      My buddy Brett Kingman seems to like it a lot... and he mentions bass right near the start of his demo video.




      **********

      "Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
      - George Carlin

      "It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
      - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

      "The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
      - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah, an EQ is an EQ. As long as it affects the frequencies you need it should work with any instrument. There's no spec for the "Bass" or "Treble" controls but you could literally play that "by ear.". "Mids 1" is adjustable from 238Hz to 5KHz, "Mids 2" from 480 Hz to 4.8 KHz. That should be adequate for bass.
        Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
        Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
        Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
        Member of the Schecter Society
        Person-2-Person on the Web

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DeepEnd View Post
          Yeah, an EQ is an EQ. As long as it affects the frequencies you need it should work with any instrument. There's no spec for the "Bass" or "Treble" controls but you could literally play that "by ear.". "Mids 1" is adjustable from 238Hz to 5KHz, "Mids 2" from 480 Hz to 4.8 KHz. That should be adequate for bass.
          Bass is ~130 Hz and the Treble is ~7 kHz IIRC - it's mentioned in Brett's video.
          **********

          "Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
          - George Carlin

          "It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
          - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

          "The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
          - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
            Bass is ~130 Hz and the Treble is ~7 kHz IIRC - it's mentioned in Brett's video.
            Thanks. I went to the Wampler site and couldn't find specs for either. The frequencies for the two Mids are marked on the unit.
            Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
            Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
            Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
            Member of the Schecter Society
            Person-2-Person on the Web

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
              I've never tried one, but I see no reason why it wouldn't be a great EQ for use on bass. Unlike graphic EQ's, it has two semi-parametric midrange bands - that means you can adjust the center frequency of those two bands to whatever frequencies are best suited to your bass and your preferred sound. That's a great feature. It also looks like it can run on either 9V or 18V DC, which means you can use it at the higher voltage if you need more headroom - which can also be useful with bass - especially if you use a bass with active pickups.


              My buddy Brett Kingman seems to like it a lot... and he mentions bass right near the start of his demo video.



              That tele and Achillies Argossund really nice without the pedal, but then he pushed the Wampler in and I was not disappointed.
              _____________________________________
              Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

              Join Date: Aug 2001
              Location: N. Adams, MA USA
              Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mikeo View Post

                That tele and Achillies Argossund really nice without the pedal, but then he pushed the Wampler in and I was not disappointed.
                Brett can make anything sound good - he's a fantastic player.

                **********

                "Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                - George Carlin

                "It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
                - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

                "The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
                - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

                Comment

                Working...
                X