Octave pedal with delay (delayed octaves)?

Josh_Br

• Members

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone makes an octave pedal that also has a delay feature. In other words, the user could have the octave notes the pedal is adding be slightly behind the dry signal. Also, this would have to be out front; I'm not using an effects loop. I appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks,

Josh

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone makes an octave pedal that also has a delay feature. In other words, the user could have the octave notes the pedal is adding be slightly behind the dry signal. Also, this would have to be out front; I'm not using an effects loop. I appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks,

Josh

I've never seen an octave pedal with delay features built into it, but it would be relatively easy to do what you want with the right delay and a separate octave pedal. Just run the guitar into the delay, set that pedal 100% "wet" (you'll need a delay with this capability) and plug in the octave pedal after the delay. You could use a true bypass looper if you wanted to so you could turn on both the delay and the octave pedals with a single button push instead of needing to hit two buttons every time you wanted to activate or bypass them.

Some examples of delay pedals that either have a dedicated 100% wet output jack or the ability to set the main output to 100% wet include the TC Electronic Toneprint delays, the Boss DD-3, DD-7 and DM-2W, all of the Strymon delays, all of the Diamond delays, Line 6 Echo Park, M5, M9 and M13, EHX Deluxe Memory Box, Stereo Memory Man & Stereo Memory Man w/ Hazarai, Eventide Timefactor, etc. etc.

If you need to hear the dry guitar signal at the same time too, you'd either need to run that signal to a separate / second amp (you can use the delay pedal's dry output, if it has one), or use an ABY pedal to split the signal into two paths, with one output feeding the delay / octave (and if used, true bypass looper), and the other output from the ABY running into whatever other effects you typically use - then use a small passive resistance mixer (or an active mixer) to mix the output from the delay / octave / true bypass looper and your main effects together, and feed the output of mixer into your amp.

Archived