EHX thinks you're all wet...

...and if you're not, then you should be. :) They have a new reverb pedal called Oceans 11 that could be a big help in getting that wet sound.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"oceans11web-8f09ca28.jpg","data-attachmentid":32242497}[/ATTACH]

For more info, here's the announcement in HC News.

Here's Bill Ruppert's excellent demo of the new EHX Oceans 11 reverb pedal...

• Members

This one seems to fill a gap between the simple small-footprint of the Holy Grail RI and the feature-set of the Epitome or Cathedral. The Canyon shared a similar strategy. I probably would've picked up both had they included stereo outputs, but these are clearly marketed toward guitarists who want to keep it compact and don't want to fuss about with a stereo rig (probably the majority of the guitar-centric market). The breadth and variety of offerings from EHX always blows my mind.

Bill's demos are always excellent. Not only is he a great guitarist, but he really knows how to demonstrate all the capabilities a pedal has.

I am also a huge fan of stereo effects, and I wish they had stereo outputs too, but that's not automatically a deal-breaker for me; and besides, reverb is typically going to be one of (if not the) last pedal in your chain, so if something has split the signal into two paths prior to that, you just slap the verb on one of those two chains and it will only come out of one of the two amps. Not ideal, but you're not giving up the rest of your stereo signal if you do so either...

Archived