strong noise strato and boss gt-10 and can i connect the boss to a zoom ?

Drugus

• Members

hi to all , i'm new ,and i'm very glad to be here

i have a new stratocaster usa original , without any mods

but when i play with the boss gt-10 i hear lots of noise hum buzz and white noise sometime some glitches like the old vinyl

is there only way to avoid it settings the imput very low ? in this case i can hear the distortion sound patches but the clean sounds are very week i can 't not hear them

or should i change pick up or send my guitar to a lutist ?

and my second question , i own a zoom too , about the zoom i like only the fuzz effect , i don't like it in the boss gt-10 or gt-100

can i connect guitar -> gt-10 -> zoom (enable only the fuz) and amp ?

thanks a lot

ps about the gt-10 noise it does with a gibson les paul but not with several ibanez :(2

• Members

Like most Fender guitars they are wired with vintage style with unshielded wires. The guitars worked fine for the most part through clean amps.

You need to realize Leo Fender back in the 50's didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground when it came to electronics and never bother to use shielded wire in his guitars. He was a penny pincher and he sold cheap mass produced instruments for profit. Even long after guitarists began gaining the instruments up and their crappy wiring began to cause hum issues Fender never bothered to upgrade their instruments. They stuck by the claim of them being "Vintage" designs, when in fact it was either them being too lazy to modify the wiring or because it would cost them a few pennies.

What they did instead was come up with some noiseless pickup designs where they could soak you for more money. Thing was the pickups were redesigned and the tone changed so unless it was something you liked it wasn't the solution players wanted or needed.

There's absolutely no reason they can use shielded wire right up to the pickup bobbins and cut the noise floor way down. On guitars like Tele's they can even ground the metal cover and make that one virtually noiseless.

Since you already own the guitar your only option if you want to quiet it down is to shield it yourself.

You have the option of using copper foil tape.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Foil.JPG","data-attachmentid":32199439}[/ATTACH]

Conductive shielding paint.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Paint.JPG","data-attachmentid":32199440}[/ATTACH]

Or you rewire the guitar up to its pickup bobbins with shielded wire.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Wire.JPG","data-attachmentid":32199441}[/ATTACH]

If you still have noise (which is possible because you have single coils not humbuckers) You need to use a noise gate to silence the noise when you stop playing. Beyond that you need to learn how to play with less drive on fenders because they were never designed to be heavy metal instruments.

Archived