Power Supply Help! Large Board

niemasensu

• Members

Looking for some advice/recommendations on a new isolated power supply for my pedal board.

I'm looking at Walrus Audio Phoenix, MXR CAE MC403, and possibly, Voodoo Lab Mondo, or a couple of MXR Iso Brick.

Heres a list of what's on my board: (picture attached)

Ernie Ball Vol jr

Dunlop CAE Wah

Boss BF2

Blackout Effectors Musket Fuzz

JHS Morning Glory

Walrus Audio Mayflower

TC Electronic Viscous Vibe

MXR Phase 95

Boss TU2

MXR Classic Fuzz

MXR Micro Amp

Boss DM2

Malekko Ekko 616

Boss DD3

Boss RV3

Stone Deaf Tremotron

EHX Small Clone

Line6 M9 (powered with its wallwart)

Thanks in advance for the help!!

37605b6f3cfdff0d2f80a80cd9f436fb.thumb.jpg.c18fc7e63a481a197302d9d1cab8883e.jpg

• Members

looks like a couple poweralls etc.

your problem isn't power draw but number of pedals/connections.

the Walrus Phoenix is the only one with enough taps and looks good for your current pedal line up. it has 12v & 18v taps if you need them in the future, but none of its taps are rated higher than 300ma which could be a problem if you add a big box digital in the future.

MXR CAE MC403 has 16 outs, but 4 are 18v, and 2 9vAC, you'll be short a few taps unless you daisy chain somewhere. it has 18v, 2 adjustable, & 9vAC, but it's also limited to 2 200ma taps.

Voodoo Lab Mondo isn't in the same league as the others. it's even shorter on taps, and total current supply. you don't need it atm, but it has no 18v and none of the taps is rated higher than 400ma.

I'd go with the Phoenix, and you might be able to use a current doubler if you get a big box.

otoh, a strymon zuma has 9 500ma taps, so you'll need an Ojai extender or daisy a few, but it'll handle the big box digitals.

you might look into the gigrig power distribution system too, but thats 'more assembly' required

ps. that's if your still going to use your wallwart for the M9. otherwise, the CAE is the only one that'll handle the M9.

• Members

Just using godlyke poweralls right now.

Dweebking- thanks!!! I was leaning towards the walrus...Didn't even know about the overkill!!

Looked into the gigrig system before... I was unsure if it really made as much sense and was truly low-noise.

Really appreciate all the advice!

Archived