Pic of my truly massive pedal board

Daehtihs

To paraphrase Crocodile Dundee, that's not a big pedalboard...

[img2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"600","width":"770","src":"http:\/\/www.harmonycentral.com\/forum\/filedata\/fetch?id=31096383"}[/img2]

THAT'S a big pedalboard! :p;)

• Members

[img2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"600","width":"770","src":"http:\/\/www.harmonycentral.com\/forum\/filedata\/fetch?id=31096383"}[/img2]

Wow, is that yours Phil?

Wow, is that yours Phil?

Yes it is. :) There's been a few minor changes since that photo was taken, and I have a ton of other pedals that aren't mounted on any board, but for the most part, it's all still pretty similar to what's in that photo.

How's that Volto working out for you?

• Members

Yes it is. :) There's been a few minor changes since that photo was taken, and I have a ton of other pedals that aren't mounted on any board, but for the most part, it's all still pretty similar to what's in that photo.

How's that Volto working out for you?

Well I know who to ask if I have any questions about pedals, that's for sure! Yeah the Volto fits nice under any pedaltrain board and works real well so far, I do keep a battery in my Korg tuner though as it can power the others in case of emergency, it's real quiet of course ( the volto). The only thing I worry about is it seems a little delicate due to the plastic case but as long as I don't go whipping it around too much i think it should hold up (fingers crossed).

I have another pedaltrain I run on top of amps for FX loop stuff, which has become less and less these days, I keep a delay on it just in case but I like a little verb ( Mad Professor), I'll probably get another gate eventually so I can be dead quiet.I run run a regular PW supply for that stuff.

• Members

Technically that's 3 pedalboards.

Did you see the one Koltai had built years back? Now that's a big pedalboard!

Technically that's 3 pedalboards.

Very true, but they're designed to work together, with one siting directly in front of and the other two angled to either side of me... although I often just use two of them together (the top and middle boards) instead of all three.

Did you see the one Koltai had built years back? Now that's a big pedalboard!

I'm not sure - do you happen to have a link to a picture of Dave's board?

• Members

I'm not sure - do you happen to have a link to a picture of Dave's board?

It's a custom Bradshaw pedalboard [http://www.customaudioelectronics.com/bradshaw_legacy] that allows all sorts of ways to interconnect pedals. Think "pedalboard Keymaster".

It is so big that by the time he got it populated with pedals he couldn't move it LOL!

I'll see if I can get a pic.

signal chain ? :cop:

My bad... :0

Since I typically just use the top two together (and the other one has had the most changes since the picture was taken), I'll stick with them for now…

Key:

-> is a mono connection (pedal out into next pedal's input)

=> means dual or stereo out into the next device(s)

Board #1 (middle of picture)

Guitar -> Morley ABY Switch => one side feeds a -> Boss TU-12 tuner, the other feeds into a -> custom OLC Sunkist Squeeze (orange squeezer) compressor -> GCB-95 wah -> Skreddy Screwdriver OD (yes, I've swapped the positions of the Sunset Squeeze and Screwdriver since the pic was taken) -> HBE Germania boost -> Fulltone OCD V.3 OD -> custom MAD Effects DD30 OD -> HBE Power Screamer w/Fat Boost OD/boost -> Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ -> OLC Chunky Cheese fuzz (Lovetone Big Cheese clone) -> Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret OD -> modded Lovetone Brown Source OD ->

Board #2 (top of picture)

Boss CE-2 chorus -> SIB Tremulator tremolo -> Lovetone Doppelgänger phaser (with a custom low speed controller - visible above the Diamond delay) - Boss PH-1r phaser -> Lovetone Wobulator tremolo/panner => Diamond Halo Chorus (with a custom painted Devi Ever Peep optical expression controller) => Eventide Modfactor (with Line 6 EX-1 expression pedal and custom two button footswitch) => one side feeds a -> Diamond Memory Lane MkI delay (with a Yamaha FC7 expression pedal), the other feeds a -> Malekko E600B delay, with the outputs of the two delays => Boss PN-2 tremolo/pan => whatever two amps I want to run.

If I'm running the Leslie 142 (not shown), the white Speakeasy tube preamp is in line between the PN-2 and Leslie. Whenever I run two amps, I also use a isolation transformer (a Gigrig Humdinger) in between one of them and the board to prevent ground loops and hum.

If I want to use the different pedals (fuzz / overdrive / filters) on the other board, I might put it in front of, or swap it for board #1, but I just as often use it separately for bass duties. Remember, I don't play live a lot - I'm more of a studio guy...

• Members

There is no such thing as having too much or too little of effects or pedals .... It's all dependent on the player or the musical situation.

I used a M.I.D.I.'fied effects chain, but no matter what, I 've yet to find a digital Flanger that sound as good as an Electro Harmonix Electric Mistress Flanger Deluxe.

• Members

Here's a little bigger pic.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tpedal board.jpg Views:\t1 Size:\t37.1 KB ID:\t32186061","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"32186061","data-size":"full"}[/ATTACH]

From right to left. Korg pitch black tuner, EHX noise gate, OC-2, MXR clean boost. Underside has the Volto power 9v DC supply

Archived