reverb and/or delay pedals which run on batteries?

t_e_l_e

• Members

are there any reverb and/or delay pedals which run on batteries and have also a very low power consumption which will not drain out the batteries in just a few minutes?

i'm just wondering now, as i got my pignose 7-100 amp. a reverb and or a delay pedal would sound nice with it.

yes if playin at home i just could use a 9v power supply, but it would be absolutely neat to remove any uneeded cable and have a bare minimum mobile power supply independent setup

i know i can use most dirt pedals, but e.g. ehx holy grails only run with power supply, i have some delay pedals at home but on battery they will not run long...

are there any battery friendly reverb or delay pedals out there?

oh, on a side note, now i could see some use of the new danelectro battery box :)

• Members

What I'd suggest is to use a 9V wet cell rechargeable battery that has some long life to it. Something like this might be adaptable to run pedals. You'd just need to connect up a daisy chain connector to run pedals. A typical 9V battery has 600mAh. (600 mili amp hours) a pedal with a current draw of 25ma would last 600mAh/25mA=24 hours

This unit has 11000mAh at 9V so it should last you 18 times longer.

The unit is 5.4 x 1.5 x 3.1 inches and will cost you $57 but given the cost of 9V batteries and the fact this unit can be charged you'll in fact save money.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TalentCell-Rechargeable-72W-100WH-12V-8300mAh-9V-11000mAh-5V-20000mAh-DC-Outp-/202108440419?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

The only other option is to buy several regular rechargeable 9V batteries, charge them up then swap them in the pedal as they die out.

I used to have a couple of rechargeable's for vintage pedals and they never charged up completely to 9V and didn't last as long as a regular battery but its still betting then pissing through non rechargeable's.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

i guess i found my solution and got it on christmas

https://www.amazon.com/ammoon-PockRock-Multi-effects-Processor-Function/dp/B01N34J7K0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1514666189&sr=8-1&keywords=pockrock

something like a pocket pod line6 clone, runs on two AAA batteries. had just less than half an hour with it. don't know how long the batteries last

delay cannot be used with reverb, and its not a full blown full featured pedal board, but this thing makes fun and is a great team with the pignose

add some spare batteries and you can rock the park without lugging a ton around :)

• Members
are there any reverb and/or delay pedals which run on batteries and have also a very low power consumption which will not drain out the batteries in just a few minutes?

i'm just wondering now, as i got my pignose 7-100 amp. a reverb and or a delay pedal would sound nice with it.

yes if playin at home i just could use a 9v power supply, but it would be absolutely neat to remove any uneeded cable and have a bare minimum mobile power supply independent setup

i know i can use most dirt pedals, but e.g. ehx holy grails only run with power supply, i have some delay pedals at home but on battery they will not run long...

are there any battery friendly reverb or delay pedals out there?

oh, on a side note, now i could see some use of the new danelectro battery box :)

I have yet to meet one.

I have used a Voodoo Pedal Power II for probably 10 years.

This is all I use for effect.

A decent pedal board is not inexpensive to set yup, but it's worth it. This take 30 seconds to take out of the ATA case ( which is heavy as all hell), plug in the ac cord and run you guitar cords.

I'm not even sure long batteries would last in each effect.

More environmentally friendly, not batteries to buy ever, no batteries to toss out.

The velcro is so strong I have removed one pedal from the board once.

I wouldn't mind up grading the Fulltone Super Trem to the new one with tap tempo on it.

I did the solder-less Lava patch cords, not that I can't solder, but these are quick to assemble. I use Mogami cables, cause I have yet hear anything bad about them

I figure the damn thing paid for itself on the batteries and hassle I didn't have to deal with for the past decade. Most days I live the thing plug in down in my cellar.

Like everyone says real estate is in precious on a peadlaboard, it's a bit of a compromise all around. I had the EHX Holy Grail plus but it was giving some intermittent issues and it went bye- bye.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"image_110179.jpg","data-attachmentid":32130657}[/ATTACH]

• Members
i guess i found my solution and got it on christmas

https://www.amazon.com/ammoon-PockRock-Multi-effects-Processor-Function/dp/B01N34J7K0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1514666189&sr=8-1&keywords=pockrock

something like a pocket pod line6 clone, runs on two AAA batteries. had just less than half an hour with it. don't know how long the batteries last

delay cannot be used with reverb, and its not a full blown full featured pedal board, but this thing makes fun and is a great team with the pignose

add some spare batteries and you can rock the park without lugging a ton around :)

There ya go, plus with a drum machine. The price you can't complain about either. Let us know if end up buying the power supply.

• Members

i just picked up a roland cube street ex... it has digital delay/chorus and reverb, 50 watts, ( 3 power settings) 2 eight inch speakers and two 2" tweets and seems to actually run more than 10 hours on 8 AA's at half power ( 22 or so watts..). weighs in right at 16 lbs... the effects are footswitch controllable... simple... one battery pack, one cable... two cables if running a mic...(or two).

• Members

for those who didn't get my point, i was in the search in a mobile setup to run with my pignose 7-100 amp to be used when no power outlet is available.

for fun, in the park, or maybe for busking or whatever.

the pignose sounds really great for such an amp, but a little reverb or delay would make it sound wow :)

all with the premise to use as less cables and boxes and stuff as possible, i don't want to carry a 10kilo battery pack, the roland cubes are great but i don't wanted to use a different amp either

i think i found my solution and the pockrock does much more than i searched for in the first place, nowe i just need to wait for warm weather again so i can play outside.

and i have my pedalpower2+ for over 12years now and a huge board with all efx i need in the rehearsal room together with some nice tube amps

• Members

i got it...i looked at the pig nose... not suited for my purposes, which is why i went the route i did... less toys to contend with... one battery pack in the amp which already had delay, reverb, chorus... amp modeling.. @ 7.25 kilos... plug one cable into the thing and flip the switch... and 20+ watts for 10+hours on 8 AA batteries with no boxes, battery packs, inverters... you have me at 2.25 kilos on the pignose... but i can still carry my flutes, mics, and rig and still have a free hand... just a different approach to the same end, sorry if i offended?..

• Members

your post did not offend at all, yours was very constructive

but the just get an adaptor or use a real board with a pedalpower2+ were a bit off, cause completely the wrong direction i wanted to head.

if i would be really in the busking business a roland cube would be the way to go i guess. but i just wanted to get the pignose for fun and cult factor, and once i got it, i was really missing some reverb on the sound and i was looking for options without hanging on the power outlet (again)

• Members

I use a Pandora PX5D with my battery amps and it is pretty decent. Has delay and reverb, but delay is first in chain (if that matters to you). Other features quite nice and not worried if HQ enough as it feeds into my battery powered amps and not some Twin reverb or such...

• Members

inverters, cables and stomp boxes get convoluted really quickly and the challenges in the signal chain are inversely proportional to the number of minutes before you go on... i have some QSC k8's that are killer. in intimate setting i prefer them to my k10's but soon after looking into inverters and more things to carry i realized that if the need to seriously amplify what im doing arises, i will set up a pa... this is quick, simplistic and i can go from cases to assembled futujara mic'd up and running in less than three minutes... probably less than two if one really rushed but it takes fifteen to twenty minutes before i'm actually in the mental space to properly play the futujara anyway so... this is a soft voiced contrabass flute that with the roland, allowed me to be heard well above 12 drummers in a drum circle... running about a third of the way up on the volume knob at half power on the amp.

• Members

Unfortunately solar power doesn't produce allot of current so you need large panels.

The other problem is they vary in voltage as the sun varies in strength. You need a much stronger output then regulate it. Then you have the factors of needing to be in the hot sun when using it. Winter months and/or overcast aren't going to work and mid day is when the panel works best. Entertainment usually occurs after work hours unless its a weekend. Then what do you do when the sun goes down?

Solar can be used if it can be set up to recharge batteries, but there again, you're right back to running on batteries

Maybe if he used rechargeable batteries and got a small hand crank generator that could be used to recharge them?

• Members

funny discussion we have here and interesting from so many point of views.

to be independend from power outlets and to be able to play amplified there are some basic things to consider:

- how loud does it need to be?

- how long should you be able to play (on full volume)?

- how much weight are you willing (or able) to lug around?

- how big in matter of size are you willing (or able) to lug around?

already in the beginning of the nineties some native (south) american bands with pan flutes aso were spreading around europe, some of them carried around small diesel generators and PA speakers and spread their music annoyingly through the whole inner city with thousands of people needed to listen to it, since then some solution became much smaller

:)

it all depends on your requirements, mine quite opposite from voltan's

volume is not important to me, i'm not doing it to entertain a crowd (at least for now) and also i consider playing for my self and not with others especially not with "loud" drummers

size and weight are very important for me, and my quest was to find something with as less as possible necessary, i guess i succeded with my quest, but my solution is not for everybody and has its downsides aswell.

i understand good why my solution does not work for voltan and i think voltans solutions for his needs is also very neat. and if batteries can be recharged with solar panels it will be even better

*thumps up*

Archived