Help. I wanted to attach boss GT-6 to GT-10 so I compare the sounds

Rycool

• Members

Hello there. After upgrading from BOSS GT-6 to GT-10. I couldn't get the same 4 favorite patches from the GT-6 to GT-10. They sound different. I wanted to try and tweak the parameters manually. My question, can I hook the two GTs together as a chain ( output from GT-6 input the GT-10 ) and press BYPASS alternatively on them to compare the sounds. And do vise versa to the other one until I get the maximum exact sound? I mean while bypass the gt6 i play the gt10 and then bypass the gt10 and play the gt6 to compare?

Please help

• Members
... can I hook the two GTs together as a chain ( output from GT-6 input the GT-10 ) and press BYPASS alternatively on them to compare the sounds. And do vise versa to the other one until I get the maximum exact sound?

Yes, of course you can. Output of one into the input of the other. Best results will be obtained if both power supplies are plugged into the same outlet or power strip. Chaining the units together might add a little bit of white noise hiss, but for testing and tweaking purposes you're fine.

• Members

Yes, of course you can. Output of one into the input of the other. Best results will be obtained if both power supplies are plugged into the same outlet or power strip. Chaining the units together might add a little bit of white noise hiss, but for testing and tweaking purposes you're fine.

Thank you so much. As I don't want to spend $150 on a switch box just to use it once. Thanks again

• Members

Thank you all. do you mean I connect the guitar to that single INPUT and then connect output A to GT6 and output B to GT10? so I could control the boxes every time I press to select?

That would route the guitar signal between the two boxes. It won't sync the two if that's what you mean. I was thinking, put the Bosses in front of the box and you could choose between their outputs. You'd still need to manually go back and forth including plugging and unplugging the guitar unless the inputs can be chained.

See also, http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/forum/guitar/acapella-29/32104809-how-do-u-use-effects-switchers#post32104809

Have you contacted Roland at all?

• Members

That would route the guitar signal between the two boxes. It won't sync the two if that's what you mean. I was thinking, put the Bosses in front of the box and you could choose between their outputs. You'd still need to manually go back and forth including plugging and unplugging the guitar unless the inputs can be chained.

See also, http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/forum/guitar/acapella-29/32104809-how-do-u-use-effects-switchers#post32104809

Have you contacted Roland at all?

I actually needed to connect both to the box,But I needed to use one of them at a time and then switch to the other without unplugging the cables. does that box do that?

• Members

It's a simple tool; just one junction. You'd be mono only but you just want to duplicate some old patches right? Assuming you're using the "guitar outs" on the boxes, two switches, one pre, one post will save you the bother of replugging the guitar but that's it.

IOW, the GTs are always live but only the signal you want becomes audio. Even if you're using a mixer, the mono sends should be sufficient to get you in the zone. If that's not enough and chaining the two works with multiple outs, then do that.

• Members
It's a simple tool; just one junction. You'd be mono only but you just want to duplicate some old patches right? Assuming you're using the "guitar outs" on the boxes, two switches, one pre, one post will save you the bother of replugging the guitar but that's it.

IOW, the GTs are always live but only the signal you want becomes audio. Even if you're using a mixer, the mono sends should be sufficient to get you in the zone. If that's not enough and chaining the two works with multiple outs, then do that.

Thank you so much. I'll order that

Archived