Are you prepared for the upcoming Russian Invasion?

Phil O'Keefe

• Members

i'd really would love to try one... had a talk with a local forumite who hade a big box for sale, when i asked for the price i was surpised but it was the normal going rate so i passed with sorry didn't know the are so expensive....

but is there really a big difference between a little bigmuff pi and now the new russian version?

You know, I'm really not an expert on all of the various Big Muff circuits that have been used over the years, but as I understand it, this one has the same circuit as the mid-90s era Green Russian Muffs, which I believe are the same internally as the Civil War Muffs, or at least use the same circuit... with Russian-built parts.

I suspect they're making the Russian reissues in the USA, but I don't know for certain. :idk:

• Members

It says "Овердрайв" under the switch, wich means Overdrive. Isn't Muff considered a fuzz?

It will probably not sound close to the original Russian-mades I think, the parameter spread of the old soviet parts that were used should be pretty high.

It says "Овердрайв" under the switch' date=' wich means Overdrive. Isn't Muff considered a fuzz?[/quote']

And "fuzz" would be "пушинка."

I'm sure, like all Muffs, it's more fuzz than overdrive. :) Why did they put the Russian word for overdrive on it? I have no idea. :idk:

It will probably not sound close to the original Russian-mades I think, the parameter spread of the old soviet parts that were used should be pretty high.

Yeah, Russian parts tolerance could be pretty loose... but they're using the same basic circuit, so I suspect it's going to sound pretty darn similar. Parts tolerance usually doesn't make that huge of a difference.

Again, I don't know if they're making the new ones in the USA (as I suspect) or in Russia, or maybe they're being built in the USA using Russian parts? :idk: Again, I just don't know at this time. We'll have to wait until someone gets their hands on one and opens it up.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived