Favorite Unnecessary/Weird/Unique Guitar Pedal

mick96

• Members

I had a DOD FX15 Swell pedal. I stupidly sold it to a fellow HC'er a few years back for CHEEPS and of course he turned around and flipped it to a DOD collector for a nice fat profit. Anyway, the Swell pedal was awesome for controlled feedback, but not much else.

• Moderators

At the moment, likely the MuTron III [original early 70s, -9v/+9v system]...I love what it does, I just have no need for it and it is HUGE...and my mid 70s Big Muff Pi, again, just too big to haul around. Those two units have been with me for over 40 years and frankly, I will probably be buried with them]

Then there are some I have that NEVER EVER get used any more like my Morley Pik-Attack, which is not exactly a pedal. I got it decades ago because they claimed it would give me a pedal steel effect...meh...but it does do some other interesting things they apparently didn't understand.

• Members

zvex fuzz factory... its a great weird pedal, but its not a set and forget type of pedal, the knobs need to be tweaked all the time.

best would be you have someone turning knobs for you while playing....

not sure if the fuzzprobe is much better, or like matt ballamy to built it into your guitar so you can turn the knobs while playing....

i have it now over ten years and have on the shelf and not used it it for over 5 or so...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived