If you could only use one pedal brand...

• Members

What would it be?

Just for fun, this place needs a little more fun. I think I would have to go with Boss, they have a little bit of everything and it's all quality stuff for the most part. Runner up would be Electro Harmonix for about the same reason.

5M9062T.png

• Members

EHX for sure, altough i like the phase90 more than small stone, and i hope their ts-9 replacement are as good as the original

but delay, reverb, fuzz, trem and boost would be covered, and than all the speciall pedals like micro pog...

hm i could already make an ehx only board with what i already have, ok except wah :)

ibanez would be also fun with 8- 9- and 10-series pedals

EHX for sure' date=' altough i like the phase90 more than small stone, and i hope their ts-9 replacement are as good as the original[/quote']

The East River Drive is a good TS-808 clone, if that's what you're referring to. Analog Mike helped EHX on that project.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/expert...st-river-drive

hm i could already make an ehx only board with what i already have, ok except wah :)

ibanez would be also fun with 8- 9- and 10-series pedals

I've owned a bunch of 9 and 10 series pedals over the years, and I'm a bit gun-shy about the 10 series. There's some very cool pedals in that lineup - some of the best Ibanez has ever released in terms of features and functions - but the switching isn't the best, and the board mounted and unsupported power and I/O jacks always seem to have issues.

• Members

The majority of my pedals are Boss and if I had to fly one way then it would be with Boss pedals. Second would be those Ibanez pedals. They sound great and the knobs push in and lock flat so you can't hit them with your feet by accident. Plus, each of those pedal are two pedals. One is echo and delay and the other is chorus/flanger.

70ce9f58-1d24-4250-a48c-15f83db32ad0_zps46ds8nvf.jpg

• Members

The East River Drive is a good TS-808 clone, if that's what you're referring to. Analog Mike helped EHX on that project.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/expert...st-river-drive

i have my ts-9 reissue for over ten years now and very happy with, so i haven't looked into it, but it looks this could do it pretty well :)

I've owned a bunch of 9 and 10 series pedals over the years, and I'm a bit gun-shy about the 10 series. There's some very cool pedals in that lineup - some of the best Ibanez has ever released in terms of features and functions - but the switching isn't the best, and the board mounted and unsupported power and I/O jacks always seem to have issues.

for the looks 8- and 9-series pedals are much cooler, i own(ed) a dpl10 pan delay and i never had any issues with jacks or so. but i can't find it anymore, either it lies somewhere here at home, in rehearsal space or at our bass players home and he cannot find it. :)

the 7-tonelok series made some troubles with the jacks, one cf-7 failed on me, but it was still on warranty and the shop simply replaced it

the power jack is only with the older 8-series like a mono 3,5mm jack (or is it the even smaller one?), which was also used with some older EHX pedals and on the black russian sovtek big muff, which i easily replaced with a boss jack

my ibanez fl301 has one too , but this also 18V, but luckily i got an adapter for it

these adapter are "hard" to find, the shop i bought it only had one, when i needed two...

The 3.5mm plug was really common as a power connector years ago. The old EHX stuff used that, and even later-day pedals like some of the earlier Lovetones used them. I greatly prefer the current industry standard 2.1mm center-negative plug style. It mates with the jack better and is more stable IMO.

• Members

I've never really looked into Earthquaker stuff, I'll have to give it a look.

Fulltone hands down' date=' Mike Fuller, love him or hate him...he makes awesome pedals, then EHX then Boss[/quote']

I'm pretty sure I could use a Fulldrive as my only dirt forever.

• Members

A couple of years ago, I would have said MXR, but these days it would be either EHX or EQD. I would like to say AnalogMan as well, though I'm not sure they have a broad enough range of pedals. Maybe if you included their mods too...

• Members

There are so many pedal brands I have never tried... Strymon, Eventide, Moogerfooger...

I have 3 Pigtronix pedals that I really love, but I haven't tried all of their repetoire. I imagine I would love them all.

The last few years I've been mostly interested in midi and cv sync capabilities. 2016 for me has been all about entering the insane world of Eurorack modular synthesis, which is also all about interconnectivity and sync capabilities. EHX still make some of the most versatile pedals for those purposes, so my first choice hasn't changed. But I will say that Molten Voltage and Midi Solutions have been indispensible to me.

• Members

Tough one. I assume we are talking we can use stuff from the past for that brand too.

My safe vote would be EHX or Boss, with Ibanez having honorable mention. I feel like EHX covers the widest range of possible tones.

Having just got a Palisades in from Pedal Genie, and listening to clips of the Avalanche run... EQD might be in consideration as well, and even Keeley with their new lineup. Big fan of Catalinbread as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived