Hunting for a new REVERB

SiriusDrought

• Members

Lately, I have been working with TC electronics Nova Reverb, and it is a great pedal I must say! However, I can only have two presets, and I am not particularly satisfied with any of the "hall" settings on it.

Therefore, I thought a second reverb would definitely not hurt because I use the Nova for mostly small room and plate.

I have narrowed my options down to 4 solid choices:

-STRYMON BLUE SKY

-Digitech Hardwire Supernatural

-Digitech Polara

-Walrius Audio Descent

You can try to suggest me another reverb but I am really wanting a reverb that is under $300 (otherwise I would go with Eventide or the Big Sky in that case), and I am huge fan of the "shimmer" effect; in fact, I must have that effect so don't bother suggesting anything like Hall of Fame or the Holy Grail.

I would also like to know, if you own any of the reverbs above (including the Nova Reverb), what your favorite settings are. That would be very helpful and fun for all of us, I would think. :)

I know these pedals would go well with my current setup:

Fender US Tele Deluxe> Polytune> Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive>TC Electronics Flasback 4x> TC Electronics Nova Reverb> Boss Loop Station> VOX AC30 CC2

• Members

Not real keen to digitec reverbs. The Digitech Hardwire Supernatural looks like it has a knob for the different reverbs. You wont be able to change them with your foot.

What I use live is an Alesis Midiverb I paid $50 which gives me 100 different reverbs, halls, plates, echo's etc. Its got a foot switch jack to turn it on and off so I just run a cable to my pedal board with a switch. (and you could use a midi pedal to scroll through the presets).

I leave it on top of my amp since its the last thing in the chain and it sounds best before the amp or in an effects loop. The units only 18 bits but it blows away most foot pedals I've used. Its mainly designed for a PA or Recording but does find for guitar. You can pick up the rack units so cheap, I cant see spending $200~$300 on a pedal to do that.

• Members

I believe it's not the quantity of options I'm looking for but the quality. I actually have that rack unit but it collects dust. For the hardwire series, Digitech collaborated with Lexicon (a studio reverb company) and they sound great! It sounds like you haven't used Strymon or Walrus Audio before which are true bypass. Pedals are convenient and simple.

Also, I would just leave the hardwire on the shimmer most likely, bc like I said, it would accompany my nova reverb. So i know it would work but so would the other options.

Like I said originally, I am not interested in any other options other than listed above because I know a rack unit is something that I am not looking for and I am already familiar with the pedals above.

Pedals are popular for good reason.

• Members

I've had the Strymon Blue Sky on my board for a few years now and I love it. Does everything I need it to do from subtle verb to super long ambient waves of awesomeness... and yes it does the shimmer too! My Timeline and Blue Sky is pretty much the heart of my pedalboard.

Archived