OT: am I a bad person if I like my mojito with lemon-lime soda instead of syrup and seltzer?

ninjaaron

Depends on a few things.

Are you making & giving these "mojitos" to your friends and family too without running the idea past them first? :cop:

Are you ordering them for yourself this way at the local bar or club? :idk:

Are you home alone at 2AM with a mojito jones while it's -2° F outside? Are you out of syrup and seltzer? If so, there's probably no place open nearby to buy the fixin's, and I can't blame you for not wanting to go out in that weather anyway - faux pas excused - besides, who's gonna kno... uhhh, never mind... ;):D

• Members

^ no. no. yes. no. I have syrup and seltzer sitting in my fridge. I bought all the stuff a few days ago (well, made the syrup). I'd been making them properly, but then I realized that lemon-lime soda basically IS syrup and seltzer. It's great though. A little less sweet and a little more carbonation, and you can barely taste the soda's flavor.

• Members
Would you put a dehydrated lime in your beer? That's kind of along the lines of what he's suggesting... :cop:;):p:D
I'm putting real limes and mint in. It's just the syrup seltzer I'm skipping... And really, what is lemon-lime soda if not syrup and seltzer?

My wife made cherry phosphates for us just the other night - and to me at least, there's a definite difference in the taste between syrup / soda water / phosphate and a store-bought soda, but I'm mainly just ribbin' you a bit - there's not that big of a difference, and besides, if you like the way it tastes, that's all that really matters. You're the one drinking it, not me. :)

Archived