Pedal storage

finboy

• Members

The gearpage has a long thread that turned into a bitch fest about how "real players don't store pedals, they use them" I said **************** it, and went and got some storage for my stuff anyways... Scored this off kijiji, ikea unit, 1 or 2 more and I should be set image_zps2496dee7.jpg

Much better than what I had before, slowly unclogging this mess...

image_zps32b1608a.jpg

what are you working with for storage?

I have one of those plastic four shelf utility cabinets that I use for pedal storage. They aren't visible unless you open it, but it can hold a lot of pedals.

This isn't the exact same one I have, but it is very similar.

fetch?id=31350727

http://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-35-in-W-4-Shelf-Plastic-Multi-Purpose-Tall-Cabinet-in-Gray-221872/205438528

As far as the comment from the folks on the other forum, I personally disagree. Not every player has every pedal they own on their board at all times. Some swap things out and use different things for different gigs, and you need some place to store the pedals you don't currently have mounted on a board. Plus there's the studio guys like me who want to have a lot of pedals on hand for different sonic options... again, not everything is always mounted on a board.

• Members

Underneath the rack (Ikea bedside table/shelf), is what was originally a wine rack that was an insert to cabinet we bought. I can actually put two per cubby, but it's hard to tell what's in back.

I'm sure you could find a shoe rack that would be similar. Obviously though, if you've got bigger stuff like EHX or some vintage stuff, they might not fit.

211c58f440ff9e88dcd2ad4e2933b68d.thumb.jpg.e009f8363b371f8cb995cf6ac6804ed3.jpg

• Members
I have one of those plastic four shelf utility cabinets that I use for pedal storage. They aren't visible unless you open it, but it can hold a lot of pedals.

This isn't the exact same one I have, but it is very similar.

fetch?id=31350727

http://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-35-in-W-4-Shelf-Plastic-Multi-Purpose-Tall-Cabinet-in-Gray-221872/205438528

As far as the comment from the folks on the other forum, I personally disagree. Not every player has every pedal they own on their board at all times. Some swap things out and use different things for different gigs, and you need some place to store the pedals you don't currently have mounted on a board. Plus there's the studio guys like me who want to have a lot of pedals on hand for different sonic options... again, not everything is always mounted on a board.

that kind of looks like a gun rack, lol

• Members
Tell me about those tube holders Stevo - did you make those? It's a brilliant idea. They look fairly simple - like rows of holes large enough to fit the pins drilled into a couple of lengths of 1x4 lumber...

And what's that yellow pedal on the bottom row - a rehouse?

Thanx, I'm glad you like them, I also had preamp and power amp tubes strewn about, so this is part of that storage solution I came up with. The holders are just fir/pine strips from Home Depot drilled with a 1/2 wood spade bit, you have to press the tubes in very gingerly, they only go about 3/4 of the way into the hole. Forcing the tube into the holder any farther will bend all the pins inward if your not careful. Yes...the yellow box is a rehoused TS9, it's empty case can be seen just to the left of the yellow box with a rubber band around it.

I have 5 or 6 of the holders around, one has only what I call "tuner tubes" in it, any tube with less gain than a 12AX7

=================================

12AX7 100% Gain

5751 70% Gain

12AT7 60% Gain

12AY7 45% Gain

12AV7 41% Gain

12AU7 19% Gain

12AX7 = ECC83, 7025, ECC803, E83CC, 6681

12AT7 = ECC81, 6201, 6679

12AY7 = 6072

12AV7 = 5965

12AU7 = ECC82, 5963, 5814, 6189