Seinfeld... not so funny to me now.

• Members

What the hell was in the water a few years ago. I watched a seinfeld episode a couple weeks ago in syndication.

I didnt even crack a smile. I mean its kind of funny, but not really.... Now i know how my parrents were with MASH. i guess you just had to be there, at the time, drinking water laced with halucogenic toxic waste.

• Members

Some of the really earlier episodes weren't all that funny, but by about the middle of season 3, they became consistenly funny.

For instance,

George sitting next to his mother in the hospital while the next bed over a beautiful nurse is giving a sponge bath to a beautiful patient.

Jerry dating a deaf woman and bringing her to a party so she can spy on the people across the room by lipreading their conversation.

Kramer, a guy who almost never worked, getting an intern from NYU and dropping a giant ball of oil on Jerry's girlfriend.

"No soup for you! Come back, one year!"

Jerry dating a woman whose name he can't remember but he knows it rhymes with a female body part(was it Mulva?) In the same episode, Kramer and Jerry are observing an operation and they accidentally drop a Junior Mint inside the patient.

The episode with the braless O'Henry candy bar heiress.

George: "They picked the wrong guy to hire because he was fake handicapped!"

I could go on and on. If you don't think Seinfeld is funny, I suggest your sense of humor is a tad off.

• Members

I never really found that funny to begin with. I think its because Jerry Seinfield strikes me as an arrogant prick. His standup blows.

Larry David, co-creator and writer for Seinfield however, is funny as {censored}. Curb Your Enthusiasim's great.

• Members

that was the last episode duder....

honestly, although I still like them, the later episodes got kind of rediculous. That being said, the older ones were gold. If you wanna see something seinfeldish that is just as funny if not funnier, check out curb your enthusiasm.

• Members

Originally posted by Brian Marshall

i actually only watched 10 mins of it... elaine called her friend on the celphone and her friend got mad... jerry had his bit about how everyone has a friend that they only talk to in messages so the light is blinking when they get home.

that was the last episode. and imho, not funny at all. i really did not laugh once watching it either, so you're not alone.

• Members

I think it's a pretty funny show. I used to watch it everyday about 3x/day. I usually catch an episode a day now, though if I miss it, it's no big deal. I wish I could just find one stream of it and watch it from start to finish, even though some of those early episodes aren't that great. Let's not forget that when the show first started out, the audience reaction was lukewarm while the critics loved it. About the time Jerry and George write the pilot, that's when it first started getting really good. Curb Your Enthusiasm isn't my favorite, though it isn't bad. Curb doesn't work quite like Seinfeld does. I think one of the reasons that Seinfeld works so well is that Jerry isn't always trying to be the funny one. Think about some of the great scenes, they really involve George or Kramer or to a lesser extent, Elaine, and then Jerry's there to slice'm apart.

• Members

Originally posted by 80k

that was the last episode. and imho, not funny at all. i really did not laugh once watching it either, so you're not alone.

hmmmmmm maybe it wasnt that one... it was a couple weeks ago... maybe my braincells are all messed up.

i remember watching the last episode... it sucked.... i dont think it was that one... where is my mind

• Members

Jerry Seinfeld is literally the most unfunny person I've ever seen...second is David Letterman.

However, the episode where Kramer gets a punch in the mouth (and can't talk properly) and has to go to a dinner for 'special' people was hilarious.:D

• Members

For the first year or two after it went off the air, I was kind of like that. I needed a very short break. But within a year or two, I became just as rabid again as I ever was. I ccould be put in a room for a week with the same episode running over and over and I'd laugh just as hard each time.

I guess I'm like that with some shows, though: Cheers, etc.

• Members

Originally posted by paulandpaul

If you don't like Seinfeld....yyyyyooooouuuu might be a redneck.

BC-JFoxworthy-A_2x3_240.jpg

I {censored}ing hate that blue collar comedy show even more....

3 of those 4 guys are the biggest comedy hacks in the world.

tater salad is at least kinda funny sometimes though...

• Members

Originally posted by incubass

I went through a phase where I found seinfeld a bit boring, I just got burned out...but now I'm back and I can watch it and still laugh just as much...life is good

maybe that's the problem...

i also remember that i watched it from the 2nd season on. in the beginning it wasnt so much funny as quirky...

I dont know, ill try to watch it again sometime..

• Members

SERENITY NOW!

I already have the first four seasons on dvd... I guess I love it.

rock

bford

Everyday, I see something or hear about something in the real world that makes me think of a Seinfeld moment or episode, and I smile. That is a good thing. Try that with the Cosby Show.

Archived