Boss FV500 series Expression pedals?

• Members

Has anyone seen the Boss FV500H Volume/Expression pedals yet? They look pretty durable and high quality. I've been looking for an expression pedal to use with my Diamond Memory Lane pedal. I don't like the cheap Moog ones. I'm not sure if these new Boss ones would work with the Memory Lane. Has anyone tried this combination?

• Members

Hi! I do need to get a hold of one of these to see how it works with the ML. I'm going to try and get a comprehensive list of expression pedals up on the website this month - also want to check out the Foxrox, and an ML owner recently pointed out the Yamaha FC-7 as working well.

As mentioned in another thread, we're also looking at the design for an expression pedal (probably mods to existing exp/vol pedals) that will allow a user the option of achieving better spaceship-like feedback, basically the ability to switch in additional lowpass filtering that affects only the 2nd repeat onward. The goal is to have as minimal as possible impact on the underlying hi-Q sound of the ML's MN3005 filtering (filtering that gives 'air' around the repeats while allowing longer delay times through underclocking, but can also cause some clickiness when put into oscillation). We'll post more on the website on this hopefully in the next couple of weeks. Your feedback (no pun intended!) on this idea would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Michael Knappe

Diamond Pedals

• Members

Thanks for the info Mr. Knappe! Here are some other expression pedals you should test out with the ML if you can.

-Rocktron HEX

-Behringer FCV100

-Pigtronix EP-1

and IF the Boss FV500 works (hope so), which version is the right one for the ML- the high impedance(H) on the low impedance(L)?

• 11 years later...

Archived